Migsel Mount for new GSA

Alte Wolf

Reaction score
I have seen Migsel's mount for the GS1200 and was wondering did this fit the new GSA.

Unfortunately I don't think it will because of the GSA crash bars. They mount in a way that would interfere with the light bar position. I'm sure MiGSel will be along soon to confirm. Having seen the additional lights on the new GSA I was less than impressed with the way they are mounted. They have sturdy brackets but the bolt goes through a rather flimsy looking plastic mount on the light unit itself and they would snap off on the first fall. They are very vulnerably positioned on the leading edge of the crash bars so I reckon MiGSel will be coming up with something to improve on that before too long anyway.

Gecko said:
Unfortunately I don't think it will because of the GSA crash bars. They mount in a way that would interfere with the light bar position. I'm sure MiGSel will be along soon to confirm. Having seen the additional lights on the new GSA I was less than impressed with the way they are mounted. They have sturdy brackets but the bolt goes through a rather flimsy looking plastic mount on the light unit itself and they would snap off on the first fall. They are very vulnerably positioned on the leading edge of the crash bars so I reckon MiGSel will be coming up with something to improve on that before too long anyway.

I think Alte wolf is asking about Migsels GPS mount! I cant answer that but Migsel will probably be along soon, or pm him.

Good evening guys,

Supposing Wolf is talking about the GPS mount, yes I am 99% sure that it works on the Adventure as well.

I haven't been able to actually test it yet, but by the looks of it I am confident that there is nothing in the way.

My 1200GS light bar in it's current form won't work. I might come up with an Adventure version if I get my hands on a bike to figure something out.

Cheers,
Michel

MiGSel said:
Good evening guys,

Supposing Wolf is talking about the GPS mount, yes I am 99% sure that it works on the Adventure as well.

I haven't been able to actually test it yet, but by the looks of it I am confident that there is nothing in the way.

My 1200GS light bar in it's current form won't work. I might come up with an Adventure version if I get my hands on a bike to figure something out.

Cheers,
Michel

Shedracer/Michel,

Yes ... thanks it is the GPS mount of course. Once you test it I would be interested in getting one.

Cheers, Alte :thumb

Alte Wolf said:
Yes ... thanks it is the GPS mount of course. Once you test it I would be interested in getting one.

For that 1% I'm quite happy to give you money back guarantee too if you like :)

Cheers,
Michel

shedracer said:
I think Alte wolf is asking about Migsels GPS mount! I cant answer that but Migsel will probably be along soon, or pm him.

Doh....! How would I know that ? Just because he posted in the GPS info section doesn't make me psychic does it ? :p

MiGSel said:
For that 1% I'm quite happy to give you money back guarantee too if you like :)

Cheers,
Michel

Thanks Michel, just ordered it :)

Alte Wolf said:
I have seen Migsel's mount for the GS1200 and was wondering did this fit the new GSA.

PM Legger............he's fitting a MiGSel 1200 GPS Mount tonight to his 1200 Adv, we reckon it'll fit...............but he'll know for sure by now

JohnnyBoxer said:
PM Legger............he's fitting a MiGSel 1200 GPS Mount tonight to his 1200 Adv, we reckon it'll fit...............but he'll know for sure by now

It fits, but i would prefer the longer ram mount i have the short 1.3/4" and it obscure's the top half of the rev counter, so i am going to order the 3" long arm.............
must say the Migsel mount is a nice piece of kit and certainly looks the part behind the screen on the gsa

Andy

Thanks a lot for the info Andy!

Can you post (or e-mail ) a few pics please?

Cheers,
Michel

MiGSel said:
Thanks a lot for the info Andy!

Can you post (or e-mail ) a few pics please?

Cheers,
Michel

No probs Michel will do :thumb

Andy

Back
Top Bottom