Migsel Mount on the 1200 Adventure

legger

Here's some pics from my new bike.
The Migsel mount fits fine on the 1200 GS clock mount top bar and all you need is the 3" long RAM mount to mount to the RAM Cradle.............the short RAM mount is too short to clear the clocks

img08668mr.jpg

img08656ua.jpg

img08648uk.jpg

img08631di.jpg

img08628tb.jpg

img08611kk.jpg

img08622zs.jpg

legger said:
Here's some pics from my new bike.
The Migsel mount fits fine on the 1200 GS clock mount top bar and all you need is the 3" long RAM mount to mount to the RAM Cradle.............the short RAM mount is too short to clear the clocks

img08668mr.jpg

img08656ua.jpg

img08648uk.jpg

img08631di.jpg

img08628tb.jpg

img08611kk.jpg

img08622zs.jpg

How much does the vibration affect the GPS when mounted like this?

Engineer said:
How much does the vibration affect the GPS when mounted like this?

Engineer,

no problems with vibration,it does move slightly, but mountin it like this in the cradle on the ram mount seems to act like a shock absorber, :thumb

Legger,

did you loctite the RAM ball into the Migsel mount? I've just got one and was wondering what was the best way to secure the ball.

Thanks
Dave

I have just screwed it in tightly, without anything else and it's been there for years now.
You can use some loctite if you have it but I don't think it's necessary.
Cheers,
Michel

Why do you need the Migsel mount when theres that upper bar to clamp a Ram mount to?

Surely it would look a lot neater?

TT mount?

HI Legger,,,Would the TT locking mount have enough clearance on the ram/migsel mount away from the screen?.

Whatton said:
Why do you need the Migsel mount when theres that upper bar to clamp a Ram mount to?

Surely it would look a lot neater?

The Migsel mount makes a really neat job, a bit more expensive that a U bolt though :)

Dave

Back
Top Bottom