Easter Monday Run To Fort Wilhelm

• Thread starter Deleted account rno
  • Start date

Deleted account rno

I'll have to post this again due to gremlins in the Mothership ;)

There's gonna be a run to Fort William this (Easter) Monday. Lunch will be at G.C.'s pub The Lochy, Caol at 12.00 and there will then commence a wee ride oot and bit of gentle off-roading. Nothing too hairy I promise.

G.C. will be able to fill in the whauraboots etc :thumb

We'll be back at The Lochy to finish around the back of 15.00 and we'll set sail for home around 16.00.

I'm meeting up with Stumpy at Kinross Service Station at 08.45/09.00 and we're heading north via Stirling. Hoping to meet Rev Chuck en route.

Can you add yer name here if you're up for this. It's not an organised ride mind and you'll need to have your own insurance :D

1. Ronno
2. ................... :beerjug:

Ronno said:
I'll have to post this again due to gremlins in the Mothership ;)

There's gonna be a run to Fort William this (Easter) Monday. Lunch will be at G.C.'s pub The Lochy, Caol at 12.00 and there will then commence a wee ride oot and bit of gentle off-roading. Nothing too hairy I promise.

We'll be back at The Lochy to finish around the back of 15.00 and we'll set sail for home around 16.00.

I'm meeting up with Stumpy at Kinross Service Station at 08.45/09.00 and we're heading north via Stirling. Hoping to meet Rev Chuck en route.

Can you add yer name here if you're up for this. It's not an organised ride mind and you'll need to have your own insurance :D

1. Ronno
2. ................... :beerjug:

So do I still have to add my name to the list?
2. Me.
Hey GC, is this off-raod bit doable on a set of Tourances?

Sorry Ronnie and others, I will be unavailable for this one due to a snookerathon with my nephews from the night b4, have a good day, keep it on the grey stuff and don't believe a word Grizzly says unless its mechanical/techy stuff :thumb :thumb

Rev Chuck said:
So do I still have to add my name to the list?
2. Me.
Hey GC, is this off-raod bit doable on a set of Tourances?

Charles, if it's Loch Shiel where G.C. took me and old Stumpers last October, then it's fine with Tourances :thumb

Ronno said:
Furryboots indeed. :D

Heading out the A830 to Glenfinnan , then we take the track on the far side of loch Sheil (see Dens picture at the top of the page) I think its about 15 miles. It can get a bit muddy in places, depends on what forestry work has been going on. Then its up the single track road to Polloch, over the hills to Strontian for some fun twisties to Ardgour where we can decide whether to take the ferry or carry on around loch Eil. Then back to the pub for a small libation before heading home. :bounce1
It’s a regular afternoon run for me, takes me about two hours, more if I stop for pictures. Certainly more if we are a small group. So lets say about 3 hours round trip ?
If you want to avoid the off-road section, you can carry on up the A830, hang a left at Lochailort and go around Glenuig to Strontian where we can meet up again. No problem.
I find the off-road trail easy, but then I ride the vastly superior F650GS with rufty tufty Knobblie tyres. :cool:
Feel free to bump it ;)

Floyd, sorry you cant make it, I hope the knee op goes well and you are out and about soon.

Ronno
Old Stumpy
Rev Chuck
G C

Any more ?
Gratuitous picture of Loch sheil
51515558-M.jpg

Cheers
G C

Gordon, I take it that you empty your box a message at a time? :rolleyes: :D

Meself and Mrs P are planning to come along. I doubt we will do the tracks two up cos Mrs P wont feel safe :eek: with my off road skills (or lack of) :eek:

Martin

Fine for you folks who celebrate Easter. Some of us will be at work.

What a way to spend Easter.....
crucified.gif

Have a nice time chentlemen...... :p

Ronnie, it was them Gremlins, cleaned oot, again. :confused:
Mart-P, no problem, the Lochailort / Strontian run is fantastic and to be honest I wouldn’t go off-road two up as a virgin.
Talking about Lochailoirt Mike, I remember Big Andy grounding his foot pegs on the way to Glenuig last year attempting to keep up with you. :bow Id enjoy a run with you on the Loch Sheil track. I suspect you would enjoy it as well, lets make it soon.
I also have to work over the holiday weekend, Ill be in all weekend and in early on Monday and back to work on Monday night, got to make hay while the sun shines.
(That’s a metaphor BTW,) I aint promising no sun, its probably going to be pissing down on Monday, well it’s a bank holiday, its traditional.
Still looking forward to it though. ;)
Cheers
G C
What ! another gratuitous photo.
43821167-M.jpg

Looking down to Loch Sheil on the way up to Polloch. You can see the track at about 1: o`clock from my helmet, if you look really close :)
Mist was low that day ;)

G.C. said:
Mist was low that day ;)

G.C., Is that your fag reek or Kathleen's? :D

P.S. Bike suitably bumped in the FS and W section :thumb

G.C. said:
Talking about Lochailoirt Mike, I remember Big Andy grounding his foot pegs on the way to Glenuig last year attempting to keep up with you.
Who me, surely not......... :eek:

Talking of which, we've kind of planned on descending on you, en masse, the following Friday, if that's ok.....?

See post #204 in this thread......

Hi guys,

sorry to barge in here, but i am thinking of booking the ferry over your way for either saturday or sunday, even though the forecast looks pretty bad. Just wanting to stick to the west coast as usual really. Looking at the photos, and with the prospect of seeing some not so well known routes, was wondering if i could throw my name in here as a possible attendee??

t :thumb

Trev, you are more than welcome to tag along mate.
GPS co-ordinates for the pub are. N56.84311 W5.09820
If you don’t have wan o they new fangled gps thingies, 2 miles north of Fort William, hang a left (A830 Mallaig road) about a mile into the A830 signposted Caol, hang another left, 500 yds over the level crossing, again on the left, Oh look there's a pub. :thumb
Don’t take the first turning for Caol that’s just over the bridge though :nono If you go over the canal road bridge, turn around you’ve gone too far. :confused:

Milke, I recognise a few of those manes :thumb I hadn't picked up on the thread though. Be good to see you all next Friday.

Martin, Stumpy called in to say hi this afternoon, he is also going to be 2 up and is planning on the Glenuig road route, after a wee detour for a piccie. we have to take your cherry ;)

Ronno said:
G.C., Is that your fag reek or Kathleen's? :D

K C is now a non smoking type of person.
She has no willpower, just a stubborn barstard.

The more I am told not to do something, the more I am likely to carry on.

Childish ?……………………... Na Na Na Naa Na ;)

Have got the Monday off so would be great to have a good run out, have not been back to the fort for ages. Will be travelling up from Perth past the green wellie for about 10:45 if any one else is going up that way.
If anyone else is going easter egging' in Glasgow on Sunday may see me there, on my now not so shiney silver GS (road salt soon took the polish off)

look forward to seeing you

Jerry :cool:

Jerry, Stumpy and I will be heading up through Stirling, leaving Kinross services at about 09.00. Dunno what time we'll be passing the Green Welly. We'll stop there for 10 minutes in any case. Might see you there. If not, see you at The Lochy. :thumb

Rev Chuck, any idea of your route/times etc? :beerjug:
Ronno

Cheers GC, got the ferry booked for Sunday morning. No GPS here so i have your directions written down and will aim to be there around 12 as per the first post.

Hopefully see you all soon,

t :bounce1

Hi Jerry, Stumpy is doing the Easter egg run on Sunday.
This is him and his GS on the track at Loch Sheil.
41220206-S.jpg

Hi Trev a picture is worth a ………………...
16369655-S.jpg

Cheers
G C

G.C. said:
Martin, Stumpy called in to say hi this afternoon, he is also going to be 2 up and is planning on the Glenuig road route, after a wee detour for a piccie. we have to take your cherry ;)

I thought I lost my cherry years ago, my mistake!! :confused: :p

Hope the "wee detour" is not too muddy. :eek:

Be nice to have some company on the road route. :)

Martin

Ronno said:
Jerry, Stumpy and I will be heading up through Stirling, leaving Kinross services at about 09.00. Dunno what time we'll be passing the Green Welly. We'll stop there for 10 minutes in any case.
Rev Chuck, any idea of your route/times etc? :beerjug:
Ronno

How much time does it take to get from Stirling to Lochearnhead?

Edinburgh to Stirling/Callander cut off = 30 mins.
Hawick to Edinburgh = c60 mins.
Leaving about 8.00 a.m. by the looks of things. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom