Streetpilot III

ianran

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
QQuick question
Does the Streetpilot III automatically reroute you if you take a wrong turn and does it have a headphone socket??

Thanks in anticipation

There is an option, you can either have reroute automatically or ask before it re-routes, it has a phono mono 2.5mm sound output socket.

Noel said:
There is an option, you can either have reroute automatically or ask before it re-routes, it has a phono mono 2.5mm sound output socket.
Gawd bless ee guv :clap

Or, you can switch off the re-route facility altogether so that it doesn't even ask the question. It is quite a valuable feature since, if you do make a mistake in riding a route that you had previously programmed into the SP, you may want to return to your chosen route rather than have the SP chose another one for you from the position you have just reached. I hope this makes sense.

:nenau

irishpan said:
Or, you can switch off the re-route facility altogether so that it doesn't even ask the question. It is quite a valuable feature since, if you do make a mistake in riding a route that you had previously programmed into the SP, you may want to return to your chosen route rather than have the SP chose another one for you from the position you have just reached. I hope this makes sense.

:nenau
I think I get it!!
Just ordered one of GPS Warehouse as they are going for £150 with BMW power lead, Ram mount for bike, European maps and dashboard mount for car as a kit.
Could only find a small review whichg was a little disparraging about programming it so any "easy way tips" are more than welcome, :D

ianran said:
Does the Streetpilot III automatically reroute you if you take a wrong turn and does it have a headphone socket?

Yes to both questions. Automatic rerouting can be a bit slow to complete on the SP III if you are using newer (version 6, 7, 8) cartography. The speed of the calculation will be satisfactory for regional and intercity travel, but far, far too slow to keep up with your movement if you are in the center of a city.

Michael

PanEuropean said:
.. The speed of the calculation will be .... far, far too slow to keep up with your movement if you are in the center of a city.
An useful tip for you. If / when you take a wrong turn, I found it helpful to pull over for a bit, till the SPIII finished recalculating. It seems like ages when you're waiting on the side of a busy road in an unfamiliar country - in reality its more like a minute. :thumb

Back
Top Bottom