BMW Navigator 111 or Garmin 2720

Gaz_57

I have this decision to make - the BMW kit as far as i can see is about €600 dearer, for which you get the BMW cradle with its 4 extra buttons that you can use to access the menus on the move, bluetooth as standard, a track log facility and a compass function - none of which are available on the 2720 (apparently by agrement with Garmin). Does this sound right ? The cradle and the bluetooth make it a less than clear cut decision.

PS The bluetooth facility allows you to use the GPS to manage calls and use the touch screen to access your phonebook etc.

Garmin 2720

As far as I can tell the 2720 should have a track log function. The manual certainly explains how it works! if it hasn't I'll be a little p*ssed off as I've only just ordered one today!
Can't wait to start playing!

Gaz:

FYI, the BMW Nav III and the Garmin 2820 are the same basic device. The 2820 brings in some new features that the 2720 did not have, notably a MP3 player and Bluetooth support for a telephone, and larger capacity for the tracklog. The 2720 does have a tracklog - I think it is good for about 200 miles of travel - the 2820 tracklog is good for well over 1,000 miles of travel.

If the music player, phone, and larger tracklog are not 'critical issues' for you, then you could save quite a bit of money by getting the 2720. On the other hand, the 2820 is a new product, and it is quite possible that additional features may be added to it in the future (via software updates), and these features may not be available on the 2820.

The £600 price difference makes it a tough call.

Michael

Back
Top Bottom