Intaride instructions

No, but I should have the paper ones lying around somewhere and can scan or photocopy them on Tuesday for you if no one's got back to you by then.

There's a sequence of buttons you can press to unlock the full transmission power which is not covered in the instructions and which is illegal in the UK but may be OK for other countries you may be visiting...

There's a shortcut which I don't remember but...

1. Switch the radio on.
2. Press the 'set' button repeatedly. It will scroll through numbers.
3. When it gets to 3on or 3off you can change it by using the up or down arrows. On switches Vox on, and off ..er.. switches it off. You'll see a little icon of a black circle with a 'v' in it when vox is on.

I hope that makes some kind of sense - it should do when you've got a radio in your hand. :)

Depends on which Autocom you are using...

You probably need to adjust the vox sensitivity on the autocom unit.

If that fails I think the A80 has a squelch setting which can be adjusted. Of course the paper instruction for my radios isn't in the radio box anymore but I'll keep looking...

I'll take a look tonight if i can find the instructions.

grtz,

Prul

You might be better off not using the vox setting on your radio if you've got an Autocom box as well. My Autocom (Pro-M1) has vox support (no surprise there) but it means my radios don't need vox support themselves. When the Autocom is set to Vox operation, getting the Autocom vox to trigger 'virtually' presses the PTT switch on the radio. Requiring the radio to then trigger itself using it's own vox support might make the response a bit too slow for CBTs.

FWIW, I use the PTT switch on my handlebar for most training rides and never use Vox. For CBTs and demo rides with commentary I set the Autocom to transmit permanently so I can just concentrate on the chat.

Cheers, Norm

nleader said:
You might be better off not using the vox setting on your radio if you've got an Autocom box as well. My Autocom (Pro-M1) has vox support (no surprise there) but it means my radios don't need vox support themselves. When the Autocom is set to Vox operation, getting the Autocom vox to trigger 'virtually' presses the PTT switch on the radio. Requiring the radio to then trigger itself using it's own vox support might make the response a bit too slow for CBTs.

FWIW, I use the PTT switch on my handlebar for most training rides and never use Vox. For CBTs and demo rides with commentary I set the Autocom to transmit permanently so I can just concentrate on the chat.

Cheers, Norm

Hi Norm
I agree with you regarding PTT for CBT and I will be doing it that way in future.

As regards VOX, am I right in saying that turn it off on the PMR and the Autocom will activate it?

Thanks
Dave

DaveGSCymro said:
Hi Norm
I agree with you regarding PTT for CBT and I will be doing it that way in future.

As regards VOX, am I right in saying that turn it off on the PMR and the Autocom will activate it?

Thanks
Dave

That's what works for me. My radio is an Icom FS-22R and there is no vox support on the radio itself. The Autocom does it all.

Norman

Back
Top Bottom