Power to Tom Tom Rider - Help!

DNHunter

Reaction score
Have just completed my first long journey using the TomTom - Venice & back - got back in 15 hours! I had set up the power from the 1200GS as described in a previous thread using the BMW "Garmin" socket and some pins from an old printer cable & it all worked fine. After some amazing rain downpours in the Alps the Rider screen went blank for a few seconds, about 30 seconds, several times. After this I noticed that the unit was not charging from the bike. I fiddled around but couldn't get it to charge. For my journey back I charged the unit from the mains, and it lasted 10 hours of the ride back.
Still not sure if it is a problem with my wiring or internally in the Tom Tom, and so bought a cheap multimeter to see if there was power to the cradle. This has made me more confused as there is a 4V potential difference between the two end pins of the 4 on the Rider cradle, which disappears when I pull out the power plug at the bottom of the cradle. 4V seems a strange number, as I thought it would be nothing or 12v. Anyone any clues?

Much thanks in advance!! :bow

David

Back
Top Bottom