Quest stopped navigating

Jeremy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I received my new Quest back from Garmin after the screen failed on the last one after a heavy shower. It goes through the motions of navigating but won't show a turn reminder on the screen, the arrow which represents me appears to run almost parallel to the road I know I'm on and its slower. I did a hard reset as per the instructions on this site but I'm still back at square one.

Am I missing the blindingly obvious here? Any advice greatly appreciated.

Jeremy

Sounds like you've only got the basemap loaded. Have you loaded any maps on it yet?

It says City Select Europe v7 on my Mapsource program so I'd assumed that downloaded automatically to the Quest. What do I need to do?

Jeremy said:
It says City Select Europe v7 on my Mapsource program so I'd assumed that downloaded automatically to the Quest. What do I need to do?

If you don't know how to transfer maps from your PC to the GPS then you need to spend an hour or two with the manual. You need to understand how to transfer maps, waypoints and routes to get the full benifit of the GPS.

It's not something that can be explained in a couple of sentances on a forum :thumb

OK understood, thx for your help. So much for the quick fix.

Jeremy:

If it helps, you can download the instruction manuals for both your GPSR and for MapSource from Garmin.

To to this, go to the Garmin website (www.garmin.com), browse through the product catalog until you find the description of your model of GPSR, then look at the left hand side of the screen, where there will be a list of actions you can take - one of them being to download the manual for that GPSR.

To get the MapSource owner manual, go to the 'cartography' section of the Garmin website, you will find a similar link on the left hand side of the page there.

Michael

Kev, Michael,

Thx very much indeed. Fully sorted now and no longer lost in translation :bow

Back
Top Bottom