Did your HP run different after it's last BM service?

mrTickle

Reaction score
After my first service 'round the beginning of July, i noticed my bike ran smoother but didn't feel as fast. Before i had it serviced it ran a bit rough on a steady throttle between 3-4000 RPM but accelerated really quick when opening the throttle - very crisp and responsive. After the service it's much smoother but not as exciting ... even my other half noticed the difference. Anyone else had the same?

Has it had a software update ?

My 1200 is much smoother after updates, but has lost its grunt
:D

Mine was different after the software upgrade(?). Found that it hunted a little on small throttle openings when cold but perhaps a bit smoother on/off the throttle at low rpm when warmed up. I also thought it ran better on the initial setup but it's been so long since that I probably can't remember too well.

How do you find out what version of the software you have?
I guess we can get the workshop to tell us?

Park Lane told me it took two hours to update via their computer :nenau but I didn't take much notice as they said it was a routine remap for HP2's from BMW. I don't know the update revision that they loaded.

It may be because it's running smoother it doesn't feel as fast ... before the remap it used to remind me of my old KDX...put a proper smile on my face :D

mrTickle said:
Park Lane told me it took two hours to update via their computer :nenau but I didn't take much notice as they said it was a routine remap for HP2's from BMW. I don't know the update revision that they loaded.

It may be because it's running smoother it doesn't feel as fast ... before the remap it used to remind me of my old KDX...put a proper smile on my face :D

Pull off one of the throttle bodies, there everyone is happy again, who needs a computer? :D

mrTickle said:

Should have gone to the Orange side!.

Seriously Geoff, you gotta try this thing.

OK I know i've never tried the hp2.

Praps we should do a back to back comparison!

...well Dave, me being a certified layabout ( my doctor has diagnosed me with lazyitus :D ), i'm free from 11th of August when i get back from me hols. If you're about let me know and maybe we can go for a spin somewhere.

mrTickle said:
...well Dave, me being a certified layabout ( my doctor has diagnosed me with lazyitus :D ), i'm free from 11th of August when i get back from me hols. If you're about let me know and maybe we can go for a spin somewhere.

oi Tickle u me , hp2 ,super eeeeeeeeeeeeeeee wales nuf said be there. or don't be there.

having done the HP2 training day in Wales ( it's brilliant so if you've got an HP2 try n get yourself on it ), I tried 2 other HP2's out and they both ran the same as mine. I'm quite relieved to find mine isn't slow :D

mrTickle said:
having done the HP2 training day in Wales ( it's brilliant so if you've got an HP2 try n get yourself on it ), I tried 2 other HP2's out and they both ran the same as mine. I'm quite relieved to find mine isn't slow :D

should ve tried something orange!

...got me factory race pipe yesterday... but not fitted yet.

Thinking i should stick it on a dyno for a before and after comparison. It's a complete system so should hopefully give me some extra poke.

I can't wait to race ya....

Factory pipe

Gis a look mr tickle

I have encloded the Dyno run from my HP2 for your intrest

Attachments

• hp2_dyno.jpg
    hp2_dyno.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 203
...i'm just waiting for my oxygen sensor chips and once fitted, i'll go and get it dyno'd :thumb

It'll have the full racing exhaust, K&N airfilter and oxygen sensor chips ( to make it run richer ). The exhaust made a huge difference - from the seat of my pants the power feels flatter and much more all 'round. I'm hoping for great things with the richer fuel mix.

mrTickle said:
...got me factory race pipe yesterday... but not fitted yet.

Thinking i should stick it on a dyno for a before and after comparison. It's a complete system so should hopefully give me some extra poke.

I can't wait to race ya....

So you going to Wales?

Am taking the SE.

Will probably get in dynoed this weekend as well.

factory race pipe

hello.
What is a factory race pipe ?, is it aveliable for all.
do you have any pics ??
thank you friend
GSpot 1200 :)

GSpot 1200 said:
hello.
What is a factory race pipe ?, is it aveliable for all.
do you have any pics ??
thank you friend
GSpot 1200 :)

Staintune make the BMW factory pipe for the HP2 racing team in Australia. See this link here

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php?t=76857

It is a complete replacement system - you loose the cat and fit fatter header pipes as well as a different end can. It has made a huge difference to my bike :thumb

Back
Top Bottom