R1100GS to R1150GS

blues_bleu

hey guys,

i have got this 96' R1100GS. but lately i have got this idea of wanting to upgrade the exhaust system. but i would like to find out from anyone out there wh is familiar with the R1100GS & R1150GS.

first i would like to replace the stock exhaust system from the R1100GS. and replace it with the R1150GS exhaust system. but i can see that both the exhaust header have different inlet and mounting.

so is there any way i can replace the cylinder head of the R1100GS to the R1150GS. so that the exhaust header will fit in smoothly!!

and also does anyone know is there any difference between the R1100GS and the R1150GS cylinder? will i be able to swop the cylinder between the R1100GS & R1150GS. or must i replace everything of the R1150GS, like the cyinder, cylinder head, rocker arms, valves, cam chain and so on....

thanks in advance!!!

you can email me at bluesbleu@gmail.com

thank you so much for the help!!
lookin forward to hear form you guys soon!!!

cheers!!! :rob

It has to be asked.........Why the feck would you want to do all that ???

There`s several alternative exhausts that will go straight on to an 1100, including an equal length header system.

Alternatively,why not get a one-off system fabricated to your design ?

hey tarka, thanks for the reply.
yes i have the same thinking as you did. but after some consideration, and also the resources i have in hand, i think it is better to do it my way.

like if i change to the R1150GS part, i'll get a certain increase in HP as well and by the way i have 1 set of the R1150GS exhaust and Cat, and another set of the R1200GS stock exhaust. so i would like to try out if this project will work.

and also now that my R1100GS left cylinder is leaking slightly, so i was thinking might as well get the whole thing down get get it fix once and for all. and also after installing the R1150GS header, i'll have more option on using the Cat or the Y-piece. by the way, i'm tryin to get an underseat fix on my GS. so i guess s this would be a better way out for me!!

well i hope anyone out there have seen it or have do it before, just drop me a mail and hopefully can give me some guidence on the swoppin of the cylinders!!!

thanks!!!
bleu

Fair doo,I suppose :thumb

Changing the GS inlet trumpets for RS ones gives a top end increase too,if that`s the kind of thing you`re after.

hey tarka,

ok actually it doesn't matter if it is a GS, RS, RT or even S. but all i wanna to know is that do i need to change the whole cylinder and head with the piston and so on...... or can i just replace the cylinder part which is mean to fix the exhaust header? but i guess it has got to be an R1150XX.

thanks!

Back
Top Bottom