New BMW Nav 11/111 Mount - 1200 GSA

Nic

Just fitted - test ride in France next week.

Attachments

• Instructions.JPG
    Instructions.JPG
    119 KB · Views: 305
  • DSC_0162.JPG
    DSC_0162.JPG
    106.5 KB · Views: 569
  • DSC_0168.JPG
    DSC_0168.JPG
    109.4 KB · Views: 313
  • GTM 12.JPG
    GTM 12.JPG
    101.3 KB · Views: 322
Well that answers my question of what they were going to do about mounting the Nav since they moved the fog light swiitch.

Do you know the price of the retrofit kit for the Nav?

Enjoy the test ride. :thumb

Thunder said:
Well that answers my question of what they were going to do about mounting the Nav since they moved the fog light swiitch.

Do you know the price of the retrofit kit for the Nav?

Enjoy the test ride. :thumb

Just checked the invoice - UKP 25.96 for the "Fixture" and UKP 49.26 for the "Sx Cable Nav" which I assume is the connection cable to the wiring loom. The "Nav 3" was UKP 846.81. (all prices less VAT).

satnav cover

notivce on the last photo you have some sort of grey screen cover? did that come with the unit?

jayceer said:
notivce on the last photo you have some sort of grey screen cover? did that come with the unit?

It looks grey in the photo but is the same 'black' as the unit and is part of the kit.

Nic said:
It looks grey in the photo but is the same 'black' as the unit and is part of the kit.

excellent cheers mate, good idea that now why didnt they put one of those in with the nav2 I ask yah! :thumb

Did you require a special power lead or was the standard BMW lead ling enough. I would like to move mine from the handlbar cross bar to the screen mount as yours is.

j.g.wilmer said:
Did you require a special power lead or was the standard BMW lead ling enough. I would like to move mine from the handlbar cross bar to the screen mount as yours is.

Don't know is quick answer! I ordered the power lead with the rest of the Nav 3 system and was dealer fitted. Not much help so maybe best to contact a dealer. I'm not in UK at the moment so unable to check the bike which is there!

Nic does the BM mount move the GPS far enough forward to be able to undone the lock screw easily?

The mount fastens around the bar with a lever clamp. Just move this over and the unit swings forward allowing access to the screw - easy :)

wilbjr21 said:
The mount fastens around the bar with a lever clamp. Just move this over and the unit swings forward allowing access to the screw - easy :)

cool, so the quick release doesnt actually secure the unit on it just holds it fast to the bar?

cool, so the quick release doesnt actually secure the unit on it just holds it fast to the bar?

Yes that's it. When you fit the clamp initially, a little bolt and locknut are adjusted in conjuction with the quick release lever to give the necessary range of movement to loosen the clamp and allow it to rotate. I hope this makes sense :confused: - it's a pretty solid and simple mounting by the way.

Back
Top Bottom