Morocco and South

(RIP) petcul

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Currently in Casablanca and about to head south tomorrow. Anybody down this way and want to meet up. I'm having difficulty figuring out this French keyboard and need advise. Just wait until I get to an Arabic one! :thumb

Hi Petcul, good to hear your ok. Are you still planning on heading for the Gambia?

3 of us are heading for Morocco next week a er Landrover :eek: :eek:.but won't be in southern Morocco for a while. If you need anything give me a shout on 07967 301096.

Cheers Tim

thanks for that Tim. I have just responded to some coming down in a Landrover in Novemer. A friend perhaps.

In Nouakchott today and heading for Senegal tomorrow. Should be back up in Morocc by about 2nd week in November. Keep me posted on your itinerary. Im on 07786627000

Peter :thumb

petcul said:
thanks for that Tim. I have just responded to some coming down in a Landrover in Novemer. A friend perhaps.

In Nouakchott today and heading for Senegal tomorrow. Should be back up in Morocc by about 2nd week in November. Keep me posted on your itinerary. Im on 07786627000

Peter :thumb

Peter...don't go to Rosso...it's a nightmare and you'll get right royallyshagged over....

Go to the outskirts of ROsso, then turn right at a petrol station (hard to find turning, it doesn't look like a road) and follow the tracks along the dyke to Diama...a much nicer boarder crossing and a good hard packed track (loads of washboard though, about 70 miles in total that track) watch out for washed out ditches but it's a good ride.

Once across the border, head for St Louis, then go about 5miles south and ask for 'The Zebrabar'..it's an island paradise, run but a german couple, they do food, run a trust bar (drink cold beer, tick it off in a book ,pay before you leave) and it's an awesome place......you'll find it on Google and if you can , print off the free beer voucher for when you arrive ;)

more in a sec..phone ringing

You were absolutely right. Ended up there by mistake - missed the turn to Djama. Refused to hand a penny to anybody andstill feel I got shagged. Met German bikers who did Djama and they got shafted too! Southern border with the Gambia totallydifferent.

I'm just coming out of therapy for Rosso.

Peter.

Any updates Peter, where are you now? Your information is much appreciated.
Andy.

I had a text from Peter today to say he's in Sidi Ifni for 2 days.

Hi,

Sorry for the late response but I am not consistant with email access. Currently in Ouarzazate where it is cold and wet. Tomorrow over the Tizi n Tichka - hope it gets warmer. Bypassing Marrakesh and heading NE for a day or two then NW over to Larache before the final assault on Ceuta and Spain and England.

It's been a ball, well most of the time. Did a few brief reports which I'll try to send to you.

More detailed write up when I get back.

Peter

Back
Top Bottom