Greetings From Colorado U.S.

sfarson

Reaction score
Thought I would note "I'm new here, please be gentle".

Ride the GS for all the Rocky Mountain forest roads nearby. I also have the opportunity to experience Europe on two wheels annually, typically following a business trip when I on bended knee ask my wife if I can stay over for a few days. :) In '05 I visited Normandy, FR and much of the rest of the country. This past July experienced the Swiss and Italian Alps. The U.K. is on my short list beyond just business in London. Have image and video reports of Normandy and the Alps.

Speaking of vids, if you want to come along on a couple of GS rides in the neighborhood, here's a sampling of recordings...

Two above timberline rides...
Boreas Pass - Streaming Video
Guanella Pass - Streaming Video

Finding historical places, matching old images...
Along a whitewater stream...
Along a River - Streaming Video

In a cold winter canyon...
Elk Creek Canyon to Sphinx Park - Streaming Video

At 10,000ft in January down a lonely high altitude road...
The Tarryall Road - Streaming Video

Hmmm... a ride through Utah's Grand Staircase Escalante National Monument...
Escalante Staircase - Streaming Video

Finally, a vid from last December distilling my rides of 2005 into one 3:00 recording....
I've Been Here and There - Streaming Video

Just tossing some of these things here as an intro, and with winter sinking its roots.

Steve

Intro

Steve,
Having seen your contributions on other sites , I know you 'll be welcome here too .
I lurk here ocassionally on account of a tenuous link .............I used to have an 1150 GS , and this place is a great source of information .
That Boreas Pass video is my favourite biking video , - all that space , the beautiful scenery , so peaceful , thanks for the refresher .

Safe riding , and if you ever get over this side of the pond , these guys can point you in the right direction for great roads on the GS.

Steve

Hi Steve and welcome :thumb

I bet the Rocky Mountain area is fabulous GS country :beerjug:

What a fantastic introduction ... and I was particularly impressed with the 'bended knee' bit :thumb

Welcome to the site sfarson and thank you for sharing the links with us.

Enjoy, there's plenty here to see and do and always somebody to hand should you have any queries. :)

Welcome Steve, and thanks for sharing the info. You may find the UK a rather small and crowded island compared to the vast amounts of open space you have over there .....

Welcome Steve, enjoyed the vids. :thumb Looks like I will need to fly over there and join you for a ride.

Do you use a helmet camera to record? The more I see these the more I want to do this myself.

Bob

Hello and welcome, the area looks fantastic :thumb

Any jobs going for an engraver :D

Shep

Welcome to the site sfarson.Just watching the compilation vid gets the juices flowing. :thumb
When i worked for IBM uk,i spent a few weeks in Boulder working at the plant.
Wont forget the scenery as i drove to work,vast plains to the right and then the Rockies up to 14000 ft on my left.Wonderful.

Thanks everyone! Great place here. Hope to ride the U.K. someday, and would be pleased to show any of you around Colorado if you make it to this side of the big lake between us. I kinda know the U.K. virtually from my magazine subscriptions to BIKE and T.W.O. Don't know if you think these publications are worthless, but compared to most bike magazines in the States, they are vastly superior... creative content, thorough reviews, well written, even if one doesn't agree with the conclusions.

Steve

riderbob said:
Welcome Steve, enjoyed the vids. :thumb Looks like I will need to fly over there and join you for a ride.

Do you use a helmet camera to record? The more I see these the more I want to do this myself.

Bob

Riderbob... some recordings are from a bulletcam (helmetcamera.com) velcro'd to the side of a helmet feeding a camcorder in a fanny pack, and others are a Samsung SCX210L having the same set-up but in a small all-in-one format. Nice form factor but the video quality is little lower.

Nice thing about a helmet cam set-up, especially with the GS, is how one can be offroad or on uncertain surfaces, and the cam mounted to self versus on the bike can minimize vibrations/shaking.

Colban said:
Welcome to the site sfarson.Just watching the compilation vid gets the juices flowing. :thumb
When i worked for IBM uk,i spent a few weeks in Boulder working at the plant.
Wont forget the scenery as i drove to work,vast plains to the right and then the Rockies up to 14000 ft on my left.Wonderful.

My brother worked for IBM in Charlotte, NC and he once spent a month or so working at the Boulder plant. I'm a little over an hour from Boulder. You are right... plains to the east and 14,00ft. peaks to the left!

Would note despite being in the Rockies, I thought the Alps were grand and spectacular. Saw many GS's on the road. The images and videos of this trip...

20 Passes, 13 videos, 5 Days - Swiss & Italian Alps

Welcome Steve.

Some fine words, photos, video, music (what's the violin music on the Neufenen Pass?) and tidy riding there. What were you riding in The Alps? I've ridden most of the passes and your video brought back great memories - thank you.

Look forward to seeing more write-ups.

welcome.
fantasticco! some great video's.done the swiss alps truly great roads. :thumb :clap :clap

Back
Top Bottom