Sunday afternoon 4th Feb 2007 - Berkshire Byways?

Clive

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Probably off to the Ace cafe in the morning - Anyone fancy a GS berkshire byways bimble in the afternoon?

Clive, sorry to hijack this, but do you have a list of all the byways still open in Berks and Hants, that isn't in sat nav format?
OS maps, or other, would be helpfull in the land to know which ones are passable etc and not closed.
I do have OS maps, but they don't really tell you much about the lanes themselves :thumb

Clive, sorry to hijack this, but do you have a list of all the byways still open in Berks and Hants, that isn't in sat nav format?
OS maps, or other, would be helpfull in the land to know which ones are passable etc and not closed.
I do have OS maps, but they don't really tell you much about the lanes themselves :thumb
I'm afraid I don't have a list.
Berks (and Hants AFAIK) are well signposted. If they were marked on OS map as Byways they mainly still are - there are a couple I have seen that were Byways that are now signposted RBs so my assumption is that Byways, marked and signposted as such, as still OK.
I probably ought to attend my local TRF meetings more :)

there are a couple I have seen that were Byways that are now signposted RBs so my assumption is that Byways, marked and signposted as such, as still OK.
I probably ought to attend my local TRF meetings more :)

If it was a Byway then it still is a Byway and will have full vehicular rights. Only RUPP's were redesignated as RB's (Restricted Byways)

Back
Top Bottom