Accomodation Oughterard Galway 10th March Pre Paddys day run

de crowe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have entered into an arrangement with the proprietor of Sweeneys Hotel Oughterard for accomodation for Friday night the 9th of march and saturday night the 10th of March, being bed, breakfast and off street parking, and as much liquid refreshment as you choose to consume(and pay for) It was easier than dicking around with different B& B's , the bikes will be safe and the proprietor himself is a biker, though not GSer, and an excellent chef.And there is a bar!
If sufficient number demand he will do a dinner for us on Saturday night extra. A regular B&B might well be cheaper but this gives everyone an opportunity to be in the same spot, have the bar, park the bikes etc.
The rate is €40 per person per night.(not per room, you each can have an en-suite room)
Dinner on Saturday would be €20 extra I suggested steak chips and the extras to him, cooked as you like it yourself. There is no issue doing a vegitarian meal if some one so requests with sufficient notice. What I need right now is confirmed numbers. I trust this is to your satisfaction. If not let me know asap. i have stayed there myself on New Years Eve for the last couple of years and it was great for a small group. It is close to the centre of town if anyone wants to check out other venues. There isn't a lot of cheap accomodation in Galway or Oughterard generally. €40 seems ok to me for hotel b&b, but it is up to you guys.Let me know asap.:aidan

Please & Thanks

Fri & Sat with the dinner on Sat please; will share room with whoever, thanks.:thumb

No, it's complicated:augie :hide

Whatever you do say nothing when your talking about you know what:nono

Saturday night for me please :thumb2
And I'll go with the majority regarding dinner - the hotel is ok as is somewhere else. But I can't imagine there's a lot of choice in Oughterard in March :(

Will definitely be there for the day, but not sure about the overnight....will try to confirm later tonight..(Have to make up some brownie points)

put me down for Saturday night and dinner, I've been set loose

Still working on it, feck, this is getting more expensive every time. :blast

Not the accomodation, I mean bribeing my wife. :eek:

OK guys looking good so far. The day should be good and even the night looks promising. all we need now is a musican. there are Piano and guitars on site. If any one has an special dietary requirement or simply can't run with the steak for whatever reason, try and let me know today, pm me and i will get even away from this machine. For anyone who is a maybe, just do it! The more the merrier just let me know as soon as you can.

I'll take what Daithi's taking...
A bed and a steak...

Just speaking to po'h there a proprietor in Oughterard. There will be some sharing of twins rooms as it is effectively closed season. The rate is still €40 per person B&B and dinner €20. hope this doesn't put anyone out. I am heading off some. PM me if needs be, it will get it in due course on the road.

Shared room is no problem, so long as I don't get a snorer. One of us is enough per room :augie

Back
Top Bottom