1150 speedo mount

Markblox

Reaction score
Had a search but not knowing the keyword I couldn't find it ,so....... can anyone tell me where I can buy the mount that replaces the 1150 speedo surround. I have a QPAC and ball arm for my quest which came off a previous bike.

Had a search but not knowing the keyword I couldn't find it ,so....... can anyone tell me where I can buy the mount that replaces the 1150 speedo surround. I have a QPAC and ball arm for my quest which came off a previous bike.

motorrad concepts:thumb2

Attachments

• Carde Idris 061.jpg
    Carde Idris 061.jpg
    98.9 KB · Views: 623

The Migsel speedo bracket can also be sought from Mike @ Woodys down in the Valleys of Wales :D It uses a RAM-B-236 ball to attach. The RAM short arm, RAM-B-201-A is best to reduce possible vibration.

Another option as yet to be discovered by some adventurers, is the fluid reservoir cover adaptor kits, RAM-B-345 or RAM-B-346 which can take the GPS or maybe a new location for the camera ?

Hi Mark,

The mount you're after is here.

Cheers,
Michel

Thanks for the replies, Yea, it's the Migsel one I was on about. £50 fecking quid! I'll have to see if theres a second hand one about.

My one (pictured) isnt Migsel, its Motorrad concepts :nenau exactly what you describe in your post:confused:

I ordered a Migsel mount last week and it arrived within a few days great service and fantastic mount , beat the handlebar mount hands down :thumb

Surprised no-one has posted yet to reply to you, but unfortunately for everyone involved Motorrad Concepts are no longer in business.

Iain

oh:confused::eek:

so, is the Migsel mount the same as my MC mount? It is a very good mount.

oh:confused::eek:

so, is the Migsel mount the same as my MC mount? It is a very good mount.

Yours looks identical to mine which came direct from MigSel. I thought it was a MigSel one until I read your post. I know Michel makes them himself; perhaps he used to supply Mottorad Concepts?

As for Markblox; Quality bit of kit, well thought out and well finished, works perfectly and supplied by a good bloke - worth fifty quid to me! :thumb

I'll clarify things a bit :)

The 1150GS mount was designed by myself about 5 years ago. I made it with the RAM ball.
About two years ago, MC wanted to buy my speedo mount to adapt it for their mount system.
So I supplied that part to them and they completed it with their bits.

Recently I have started producing the ex-MC mounts too.
For now there are only two types in my shop, 1200GS and GSa.
Other types will follow early 2008.

These mounts will not replace the RAM types that I have been making for years.
It's an alternative line of mounts.

Cheers,
Michel

I'll clarify things a bit :)

The 1150GS mount was designed by myself about 5 years ago. I made it with the RAM ball.
About two years ago, MC wanted to buy my speedo mount to adapt it for their mount system.
So I supplied that part to them and they completed it with their bits.

Recently I have started producing the ex-MC mounts too.
For now there are only two types in my shop, 1200GS and GSa.
Other types will follow early 2008.

These mounts will not replace the RAM types that I have been making for years.
It's an alternative line of mounts.

Cheers,
Michel

I see said the blind man who couldnt see at all:thumb2

Migsel

Just bought one of Migsel's 1150 speedo mounts to use with a TT rider 2.
Excellent piece of kit, delivered in next to no time. not cheap but the quality is obvious.:thumb

Alan

hi
am i to understand this will fit 1150gs and tomtom 1
or am i not getting the point
cheers bob

Bob,
You can fit any sat nav to the mount. You just buy the mount for your unit:thumb2 which fits the speedo mount. Does that make sense?

Nige

hi
am i to understand this will fit 1150gs and tomtom 1
or am i not getting the point
cheers bob

Onahi is correct in his reply, also look at my previous comment on arm type/size/length, then add RAM-B-238 onto cradle choice, RAM-HOL-TO4 , RAM-HOL-TO5 .. but RAM-HOL-TO7 is for US TT One version so if its TT One V4 then your b*ll*xed.

How does the speedo clamp mount to the speedo flange please?
Is there a screw through the open end to clamp it on, or is it just a tight push fit? Or other system I haven't thought of?

I have two bikes you see, a standard 1150 GS and an Adventure version. Does it fot both screens, because the angle of attack of the screen is different on the pair.

Back
Top Bottom