'54 350cc Bullet - 91miles

MMC

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Had an email from a pal this evening (who knows nothing about bikes)

A colleague at work has a friend whose father has just died leaving her a 350cc Royal Enfield Bullet in his will.

She has no idea what to do with it or where to go to for advice……..I said ‘ I know a man who would know what to do…..’ There’s 91 miles on the clock – it is in showroom condition I am led to believe and I think It’s from 1954!

Although I used to work on Royal Enfield's advertising (ages ago), I've no idea about value on these older ones. Also, there's a hell of a difference between 91 miles because it's been left standing for ever and 91 miles because it's been properly decommissioned.

Any ideas what it's likely to be worth? £2.5k?

That's the price for a modern Royal Enfield. For an original I've no idea but I imagine it's a few pounds more!

Had an email from a pal this evening (who knows nothing about bikes)

Although I used to work on Royal Enfield's advertising (ages ago), I've no idea about value on these older ones. Also, there's a hell of a difference between 91 miles because it's been left standing for ever and 91 miles because it's been properly decommissioned.

Any ideas what it's likely to be worth? £2.5k?

If she just wants to maximise her gain get in touch with sothebys or christies, they hold prestige auctions a couple of times a year that this bike would be ideal for.

If she just wants to maximise her gain get in touch with sothebys or christies, they hold prestige auctions a couple of times a year that this bike would be ideal for.

A 350 RE in a prestige auction? There's progress for you - the working man's bike makes good. :D

I'll let her know. Cheers Neil.

Back
Top Bottom