JohnGS1100 Tuning Chip

Thanks Wrigsby. Silly thing is, she's fine as she is. I'm all for preventive maintenance and 'upgrades' that make the bike better. I'm in my 60's & drive like Miss Daisy and embarrassed to say, a dry weather biker only these days. I just thought for £80 it's a cheap, easy to do 'upgrade' that may benefit me &/or the bike. Looking back over past threads & comments, there's far more positives than minuses that I can see.

And easily reversible if for some reason it doesn't make a difference for you...😉

Having recently sold my 1100gs i've been sorting through and selling off bits n bobs. Anyway I have an unused stage 8 chip for an 1100gs I bought two chips one to compliment some rocket sprockets and this one which has never been fitted, I've no idea what they cost at the moment but I intend selling it for £30 including postage.

I've also got a couple of 850r chips for the older and newer models.

Is the 1100gs stage 8 chip still available ? , if so I'll take it. Thanks Darren

let me know if your fuel consumption increase. Mine did..

Mine has help fine on the RT at 45-50 depending on the shiteness of the weather and the mood of the throttle hand... I've had a handful of different chips over 5 oilheads and only noticed a dip with a Laser chip and exhaust many moons ago on an 11GS... It was a bit of a shite setup... From Superchip to US unbranded to 2x John chips on open and closed loop oilheads things have been good... Probably due to the more useable midrange...

Has anyone, anywhere, put a bike on a dyno before and after fitting one of these chips?

I had an 11GS with a dynoed Superchip set up on a more open intake and exhaust on the early 2000's.. the dyno looked good but the best run was with a chip that caused pinking when on the road which was good of them as they dynoed and let you road ride to test... Since then it's all been the hands and arse dyno which has worked fine for these pretty broad based tunes... They're not really sportsbike fine tunes and just trying to fill in the factory midrange dips and give a little more response... We are talking Boxer BM's after all...:thumb

Having recently sold my 1100gs i've been sorting through and selling off bits n bobs. Anyway I have an unused stage 8 chip for an 1100gs I bought two chips one to compliment some rocket sprockets and this one which has never been fitted, I've no idea what they cost at the moment but I intend selling it for £30 including postage.

I've also got a couple of 850r chips for the older and newer models.

I have a '98 GS11 with some small miles on it 112k yes thats miles -

Also would be interested in the chip cheers
Andy

Cheap john gemi

Hello everyone.
Does anyone have a cheap john gemi 7 or 8 for bmw r 850 from the year 2001 thaks

I installed John`s chip, a stage 9 on my 1100 in 2016. Massive improvement in the bikes running, smoother, better throttle response, feels great, stronger at bottom end/midrange. Never wants to stall anymore at walking speed in low gear on tight uphill corners. Riding back to back with a friends standard 1100 really highlights the improvement.
Fuel consumption is higher but who cares im more than happy with the way she rides now thanks John :moped: :thumb2

You can get hold of John at Chipixel@hotmail.com

Attachments

• IMG_20180525_112712339-EFFECTS.jpg
    IMG_20180525_112712339-EFFECTS.jpg
    123.7 KB · Views: 503
Thanks Puffin.
I asked John for the chip as he told me through PayPal.
I had the motorcycle disassembled waiting for the chip for more than a month.
I spoke with John twice and he confirmed that he was sending it.
I got bored of waiting, assemble the bike and cancel the order.
(Sorry for my English)

If yours is the same as mine, it's a 'security' torx & not an 'ordinary' torx.
The 'security' torx has a small hole in the middle, look at your ECU torx & you should see a 'pin' in the middle.
T30 I believe is the correct size.
Hope this helps.

Correct TX bit located and, well, that wasn't too bad of a job, although the silicon seal did not want to let go at all. Haven't run the bike yet as I'm doing some other work on it, but hopefully this chip will impove things a little - I'm after better low speed running and throttle response mostly, anything at the top end will be a bonus. My temperature spoofer and careful setup of the engine and TBs helped, hoping for even better with this chip.

Chip installed last week after a 10 day wait for postage, I think the Greek postal service isn't as quick as ours!
Not too bad a job to do, back in the bike & running sweet [running sweet before to be honest] won't find out
until the weather improves whether I actually notice anything different. It's another "I've done best by the bike"
addition ticked of my 'to do' list.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_1e6a.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_1e6a.jpg
    243.8 KB · Views: 938
Well the bike fired straight up and settled down to a very steady idle, noticably better than before I reckon. Looking forward to trying this chip out on the road.

Well the bike fired straight up and settled down to a very steady idle, noticably better than before I reckon. Looking forward to trying this chip out on the road.

Whatever the arguments about Motronic adaptation on 1150's my RT has become better and better... It's saved my constantly looking at other bikes at the mo... Lovely midrange in any gear from 3k onwards and not spends most of its time between 3-4.5k revs... Like I've said before, its not my 1st chip and sometimes you have to try to find out...

Back
Top Bottom