1290 GT doing what it’s supposed to do

Some photos of this fantastic bike with the givi screen fitted please.........if you have any.

Some photos of this fantastic bike with the givi screen fitted please.........if you have any.

I’ll take a couple next time I drag it out of the garage, it’s currently buried behind a KTM 390 and an 1150 GS so not easy to get at and I’m only at home for a limited time each weekend.

I’ll take a couple next time I drag it out of the garage, it’s currently buried behind a KTM 390 and an 1150 GS so not easy to get at and I’m only at home for a limited time each weekend.
Cheers.....

Sent from a U11

Right then, photos as promised.

cc993bdcad8c9a33e3b949ff7d9c7306.jpg

e2ff889e0032cf59f1da64508d35b7f4.jpg

The photos show it in the highest position, if you want a couple with it set at the bottom or a straight on frontal view I’ll be out on it tomorrow and will be happy to oblige.

Just need to find the spondooligs for a 2016 1290 SD GT and then I'll get one of those screens.

Looks well on it.

Sent from a U11

Impressive MPG, I have only managed 48 whilst running in my 1290 SA-S, but have been using all the available torque at every opportunity.

Reset it on Friday and went for a gentle run to drop off eggs with relatives and it managed 53, which is pretty good considering I was still not exactly bimbling along and had just fitted my new panniers so had all 3 boxes on.

The fuel consumption varies dramatically depending on how enthusiastically it’s being ridden. I was out on it yesterday sticking to B roads and did about 70 miles from filling it and it turned in just over 40mpg. Today a steady ride up the A1 to the People’s Republic of South Yorkshire at a steady 73-75mph then filling a couple of miles from home after 220 miles had it sipping fuel at 58mpg.

The biggest difference was that yesterday I was lifting the front wheel over near enough every rise that came my way and just messing about because it’s spring and I’ve hardly ridden a bike since January but today I couldn’t be bothered so just enjoyed the sunshine and might as well have used my wife’s 390.

I like the bike but if I’m honest it doesn’t bring out the naughty teenager attitude that still hides in me and while that’s probably not a bad thing, if I ride my H2 I can’t resist being a twat :D

Sounds roughly about the same as my 1190 adventure, but a bit better in the long motorway bimble - although I have always had luggage dragging out in the wind when on long motorway runs and I reckon these cost me about 2 - 5 mpg depending on speeds.

But if I wanted mpg I would buy a boring Honda, oh, hang on, I did - CB500X, this does about 76 - 78 mpg on my 120 mile a day commute which is a mainly Dual Carriageway and Motorway, in 50mph roadworks with average speed cameras it easily tops 90mpg!

Although if it was only the extra fuel cost I would use the 1290, but clocking 25k a year on the KTM would probably see the value plummet to bugger all in under 3 years.

I wonder if they’ll do the silly deal again, later this year.

I wonder if they’ll do the silly deal again, later this year.

I wonder what the trade in value on my massively discounted one would be? I’d happily trade mine in against a new one when mine is 2 years old and has about 12k miles on it if they were knocking £5k off list price again :D

I’ll be taking mine on a nice little summer tour this year because my wife has recovered from the health issues that stopped her doing a big bike trip last year and depending on whether I’m busy or not in early September I might sneak in another Billy No Mates solo tour again.

I was gutted not to like the discounted ones, a bit cramped for me unfortunately otherwise would of had one alongside the adventure, I could of used it for a year and probably got every last penny back on it against my new 1290.

If they did do such a huge discount again I probably would chop in the 1190 for one, but I cannot see them doing that size discount again.

1290 SD GT May 18. Is the battery easily accessible for Jump Starting? I've bought one which is some distance away and has been sitting unused for some months.
Thanks

Back
Top Bottom