R1200GSA upgrade to Ohlins or Wlbers ESA

It hasn't arrived yet... but I don't think the fronts have it, only the rears

yep your correct, its a ball ache without it, but i suppose once its setup its not such a problem, i think the telelever system is very forgiving regarding setup, i just started on the base middle setup ie, 10 clicks of rebound and compression then backed off both a few clicks

Just adding this to the mix , I have been talking to a Tractive dealer about the Electronic Version of DDS Self Levelling System and have found some interesting information.
Its the same system as the Touratech but without the stickers , orange rather than yellow.
The system is the fastest reacting valveing in the market at the moment utilising more efficient oil flow and reaction times. The interesting thing in comparison to the TT version is that you still need the same front shock but the rear can be rebuilt using only the auto preload adjuster and the plastic covers from the original unit , so you wont have the separate canister clipped to the rear frame , this may be more aesthetically pleasing
to mainly road riders as the canister is there for the more offroad dedicated to allow a larger volume of oil available for more extreme conditions.
may be worth a read https://tractivesuspension.com/motorbikes/bmw-esa-products/
This is more for those , like myself, who still like the fully ESA system and without the manual adjustment , this upgrade , tho expensive is the best you will get with the electronics and plug and play and fully compatible with the bike systems, allowing a fully tuned and personally weighted suspension system akin to the Ohlins / Wilburs but fully electronic.

Had notification that my new Ohlins TTX suspension has been shipped today, hopefully being delivered tomorrow.

Delayed due to me specifying BLACK Ohlins springs and not Banana Yellow traditionally associated with Ohlins.

Should have some pics soon, and get them installed ASAP.

Just adding this to the mix , I have been talking to a Tractive dealer about the Electronic Version of DDS Self Levelling System and have found some interesting information.
Its the same system as the Touratech but without the stickers , orange rather than yellow.
The system is the fastest reacting valveing in the market at the moment utilising more efficient oil flow and reaction times. The interesting thing in comparison to the TT version is that you still need the same front shock but the rear can be rebuilt using only the auto preload adjuster and the plastic covers from the original unit , so you wont have the separate canister clipped to the rear frame , this may be more aesthetically pleasing
to mainly road riders as the canister is there for the more offroad dedicated to allow a larger volume of oil available for more extreme conditions.
may be worth a read https://tractivesuspension.com/motorbikes/bmw-esa-products/
This is more for those , like myself, who still like the fully ESA system and without the manual adjustment , this upgrade , tho expensive is the best you will get with the electronics and plug and play and fully compatible with the bike systems, allowing a fully tuned and personally weighted suspension system akin to the Ohlins / Wilburs but fully electronic.

Yep my next move, just cannot justify the TT full monty.

https://www.esarepair.com/

yep your correct, its a ball ache without it, but i suppose once its setup its not such a problem, i think the telelever system is very forgiving regarding setup, i just started on the base middle setup ie, 10 clicks of rebound and compression then backed off both a few clicks

Hi Skid, not sure what bike you ride, sorry if I have missed it in an earlier part of this tread. But if it’s a 1200 GSW, the front TTX is recommended as comp set at 12 clicks, and the rebound set at 20 clicks, and then fine tune from there. The rear is comp 12 clicks and rebound is 14 clicks. If it’s is a GSW 1200 then your 10 clicks starting point on the front rebound could be the issue.

Cheers Rockred

Bike is an GS LC with 17" Front and 6.5" rear Running a 190 rear tyre, there's 20 clicks on the adjusters, I put it on the middle setting (10) and worked from there, the bike rides fab, i don't think you need a lot of Compression with the Telelever, its really easy to adjust these settings to find what suits your riding style

The Bling Has Arrived

Wooohoooo...... Just what I've always wanted...... thank you Santa.

Ahem... :augie ...

Attachments

• Ohlins1.jpg
    Ohlins1.jpg
    236.6 KB · Views: 429
  • Ohlins2.jpg
    Ohlins2.jpg
    215.7 KB · Views: 447
  • Ohlins2-5.jpg
    Ohlins2-5.jpg
    215.4 KB · Views: 431
  • Ohlins3.jpg
    Ohlins3.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 425
  • Ohlins4.jpg
    Ohlins4.jpg
    238.7 KB · Views: 432
Ohlins TTX Served in BLACK :bow

Attachments

• Ohlins5.jpg
    Ohlins5.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 429
  • Ohlins6.jpg
    Ohlins6.jpg
    238.3 KB · Views: 440
  • Ohlins7.jpg
    Ohlins7.jpg
    230.3 KB · Views: 435
  • Ohlins8.jpg
    Ohlins8.jpg
    234 KB · Views: 416
HyperPro CSC Steering Damper

Hyperpro CSC Steering Damper as well... :thumb2

Attachments

• HyperPro Steering Damper.jpg
    HyperPro Steering Damper.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 424
  • Hyper1.jpg
    Hyper1.jpg
    123.9 KB · Views: 426
  • Hyper2.jpg
    Hyper2.jpg
    145 KB · Views: 418
Just got to go and fit it all now...... :D

Let the games begin............:D I am liking this thread

:D ..... I may go radio silence for a few hours whilst on the front line.... if I'm not back in 7 hours, tell my wife I loved her :D

Thats Bike Jewelry, they look really good with the black springs, The Steering damper is a good move along with the Shocks being adjustable ..I think im going to remove the steering damper, The 13 plate one i had didnt have one and had the revy lightweight flywheel motor, had no problem with twitchy steering,

Could you do a few pics Warlord of the front Shock replacement procedure...:beerjug:

Back ESA Shock is out..... however long that took me from my last post :D

Attachments

• Out1.jpg
    Out1.jpg
    236.2 KB · Views: 402
  • Out2.jpg
    Out2.jpg
    237.2 KB · Views: 438
Going to spend some time cleaning and waxing all the paintwork that I can't normally get to.

Refit the shaft drive while it's all apart and rebuild the back end.

So this'll take me a disproportionately long time, due to the cleaning requirements :rob

See ya laters :p

Back
Top Bottom