Wunderlich Ergo Heated Seat

fair point on the "what is Std"

(also, i didn't think that the GSA Triple black got the real "comfort" seat - i thought that was only the "regular GS" Triple black - i thought the GSA got the regular GSA seat - but anyway)

Anyway, hope you manage to break yourself in to fit it!

fair point on the "what is Std"

(also, i didn't think that the GSA Triple black got the real "comfort" seat - i thought that was only the "regular GS" Triple black - i thought the GSA got the regular GSA seat - but anyway)

Anyway, hope you manage to break yourself in to fit it!

Yeah, I'm ok now after 4 days riding... but after day one I would've strangled The Missenden Flyer and his outdated review.....

But I suspect this might be like breaking in a pushbike saddle. Hoping it'll get better, and is ok on short journeys anyway.

Quality of seat is 100% ... really nice to look at when fitted to bike.

Well, I dont know what that means any more. As they're all different.

I had the BMW GSA Triple Black Seat. Which is supposed to be their most comfortable seat....

I would describe that as a padded soft seat.

This Wunderlich Seat I would describe as a saddle.

After 8 hours sat on it, my arse had felt like it'd been to the Headmasters Office and my lower back was sore.

But, weirdly... the next two days, 5 hours on it was ok.

The forth day, 8 hours was better so it must be bedding in... but it isn't soft or spongy. It's like a horse saddle, and after a few hours it'll leave you fidgeting.

I'm going to stick with it, because I seem to be adapting TO IT, rather than the other way round.

Maybe the arse is getting harder..................:D

Yep I find it takes a few good rides to get back to saddle fit........:beerjug:

It'll get used a lot this summer, so my arse will be Wunderliched shaped and certified by 2020

You could always take a little sheepskin rug, if it gets to tough, does help on the long days.

Haha... my mate had one of those on this trip, and the crows were sat on it all morning pulling out the fluff...

I video'd it and sent it to him on Whatsapp "something's eating your bike"

Haha

:D

Thank you for the detailed post. A few questions, if I may. Did you use the supplied switch that was drilled into the left panel? Does the seat have different heat levels or just on/off? I wish the power switch was built into the seat. Are you still happy with the comfort of the seat? Thank you.

Thank you for the detailed post. A few questions, if I may. Did you use the supplied switch that was drilled into the left panel? Does the seat have different heat levels or just on/off? I wish the power switch was built into the seat. Are you still happy with the comfort of the seat? Thank you.

I have the heated Wunderlich Low seat - and yes I used the supplied switch that was supplied but not wishing to drill panels made up a bracket in the cockpit area (using Kydex, which I then affixed with strong double sided tape to the side of the cockpit area to the right of the OEM plug) which works well, is visible and is in easy reach. The seat only has one heat level (if you have a later model 1250 with the OEM heated seat wiring, you can get the plug and play seat from Wunderlich - whether that has adjustable levels of heat I don't know - mines a 2019 R1250GS which didn't have the option of heated seats). Am i happy with the comfort of the seat? Yes I am, it's pretty firm, but this year I covered over 1600 miles in one week around the Wild Atlantic Way, and never felt uncomfortable at all. Given I also have spinal issues, I do find that the Wunderlich seat gives much better support to my lower back.

Back
Top Bottom