Coil choice

I thinks what is being asked is the same question I had, which is that the BERU ZS385 are listed for lots of different variations of the 1200 apart from the 2010 - 2012 TC models, I asked on here and also asked 2 companies that sell the Beru coils, 1 company said they are not sure and wanted my VIN no etc, the other company said they should be fine.....so it will be interesting if the ones Johnpatsa has ordered fit and work in the TC? This is one of the reasons I held off as well as being offered a good used pair.
I ordered and waiting..i will test and tell you the results

Στάλθηκε από το JSN-L21 μου χρησιμοποιώντας Tapatalk

I ordered and waiting..i will test and tell you the results

Also forgot to mention that any companies selling the BERU ZS385 in the UK cheaply have no stock....apparently there are 100’s of coils still on back order from Belgium.

Fitted today absolutely the same and working perfectly..
f6fa5604be760e67ee86c017fbd021e7.jpg

Thanks for that John, but I do wonder why these coils are not listed for the 2010 - 2012 twin cam models, but are listed for lots of other models? Maybe this is why you still have issues?

Thanks for that John, but I do wonder why these coils are not listed for the 2010 - 2012 twin cam models, but are listed for lots of other models? Maybe this is why you still have issues?
Just changed part numbers i found some sellers that give them for 2004-2012...i will change also the secondary coils with zs383 and zs384

Today fitted the secondary coils..works beautifully...zs 383&384

Just one issue and I'm done knock sensor has different values..maybe synchronization
4e5a54d477e29e52e328dd474926b6c3.jpg
4dedcb4be55c4c174509744a49a3df61.jpg
7e46868edb5ecb22e18ec0a3c5a3ca9f.jpg

What grade of fuel do you have in Greece ?
I use premium 98 ron but why its different between cylinder 1-2 i think its not the fuel..something makes the cylinders running different

It would depend on how many volts is maximum knock I guess and you could be worrying about nothing assuming your bike runs smoothly?

I use premium 98 ron but why its different between cylinder 1-2 i think its not the fuel..something makes the cylinders running different

I have never noticed any change in the way it runs on 99 / 98 vs 95, yes there are very clear benefits on some vehicles (like the K1300 when it gets 99) but not my GS. It even gets severe knock at 6300 under very hard abuse with very hot ambient temps... but 98 or 99 makes NO impact on this at all

A bit of an anomaly that the Beru ZS385 is listed for all hexheads except yours.

Probably just needs their cross referencing database updating to reflect the missing years.

Back
Top Bottom