AF-XIED INSTALL

Mac One

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello
I'm going to attempt to fit a set of AF-XIEDs to a 2011 GSA twin cam tomorrow. I have had a look at the instructions and the first thing it says is remove the tank ( Which i've just filled with fuel )to access the connectors.

Can anyone tell me where the connectors are situated, and can they be accessed without removing the tank. Any other advice, hints and tips would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers

Buy some velcro pads in a hardware.........and stick the units to the airbox on either side (in a position that they will be covered and out of sight)

I had a look this morning, the first connectors for the O2 sensors is behind the black plastic covers beneath the cylinders, i'll check if there's any further up the loom, but these two look like the ones.

Yep those are the connectors you need.
There is a little clip you push side ways to slide the complete connector of its base, then there is a tag that needs lifting to enable you to pull the connector with the 90 degree end out of the socket.
Plug in the AF-XIED connectors and then connect both earths to the battery.

I had a look this morning, the first connectors for the O2 sensors is behind the black plastic covers beneath the cylinders, i'll check if there's any further up the loom, but these two look like the ones.

Exactly that, take a few pictures and post them here always useful for others....;)

Some pictures

library
P1010518_zpsrwqbsdgj.jpg
P1010519_zpsfqg6hqef.jpg
P1010515_zpsp9axjkx5.jpg
P1010504_zpsl1q76r5j.jpg
P1010520_zpskhxxteou.jpg
P1010523_zpshthhvje1.jpg

Back
Top Bottom