New bike bought :)

Did i sell you them crash bars?

Yes.. you did.. still have them.. but not sure if i'll re-fit?.. they do add a lot of bulk and I do like the look without.. but they do have their place in a slide or a drop ... what do you have fitted now?

I have fitted the BMW stainless cylinder protectors. Look so much nicer - saw a GS (you tube) with them fitted slide across tarmac due to a diesel spill and they did a good job.

The engine bars are heavy by comparison...

god knows why but even when you turn it off the battery still goes down, must be some sort of sleep mode when in the cradle.

You need to push and hold the power button for a good few seconds for it to switch off - otherwise it goes in to a sleep type mode.

I have fitted the BMW stainless cylinder protectors. Look so much nicer - saw a GS (you tube) with them fitted slide across tarmac due to a diesel spill and they did a good job.

The engine bars are heavy by comparison...

My thoughts exactly.. I already have the covers.. so guess the bars are up for sale...

cheers both,.. the box on the old one was not 100%.. so may as well let them have it back...
3rd time lucky in the GS world.. lets hope this is a good one!!

You have 2 bad experiences with a WC GS and you're going to take the same medicine again:blast

Are you just plain crazy?

You have 2 bad experiences with a WC GS and you're going to take the same medicine again:blast

Are you just plain crazy?

Not correct. the first one was a TU :eyebrow what else it there that's anything like a GS?

Not correct. the first one was a TU :eyebrow what else it there that's anything like a GS?

Yes
I was on the BMW stand yesterday at the ABR Festival and there were 1250 GS & GS Adv, plus 750 and 850 GS and it all looked dull, bloated and lardy

Nothing there looked remotely exciting

However have a look at the KTM stand or Ducati and their bikes look a whole lot more 'interesting'

Tenere 700 was the star of the event

I had a ride on a 1260 Multistrada on Saturday around the Cotswolds there and that was a ride and a half - exhilarating and far different from a ride on a 2018 1200 GS adventure wc I tried last summer (took it back after 10 miles it was so DULL)

well, I've had Ducati in the past, and it was the worst bike I've ever had.. so said there and then that Ducati was off the list....
My mate has one now (not sure what it is TBH) and it spends more time in the dealers than with him... so don't want to go there.

KTM could be an option... but do like the shaft.. and reviews at 3.8 out of 5 kind of put me off a bit.... and whats the residual like?

Yes, there are Japs and they will be fine i'm sure.. But do like the look of the BM's over all the rest??..

well, I've had Ducati in the past, and it was the worst bike I've ever had.. so said there and then that Ducati was off the list....
My mate has one now (not sure what it is TBH) and it spends more time in the dealers than with him... so don't want to go there.

KTM could be an option... but do like the shaft.. and reviews at 3.8 out of 5 kind of put me off a bit.... and whats the residual like?

Yes, there are Japs and they will be fine i'm sure.. But do like the look of the BM's over all the rest??..

GS is still the best seller, however my next bike will be lighter and not heavier than the present ones I have

I'm exactly the same. Would love 5o try a KTM but really like Shaft drive and not sure on residuals. Next bike I'll try a GS instead of GSA and see how I get on but once you spec engine bars and fogs etc you may as well buy an adventure and only half fill the tank.

Even the little off road I've done, I didn't find the weight of the bike to be a problem....

Got the full story on the two owners now
First owner bought and got divorced so had to sell almost straight away.. (oop's, maybe the bike was the final straw LOL )
Second owner has had it 1 year and has just upgraded to a 1250....
So all good for me... I have re-negotiated with this new info.. and got a further £250 on my PX and a BMW alarm fitted to the new bike.. result ;)

Even the little off road I've done, I didn't find the weight of the bike to be a problem....

Got the full story on the two owners now
First owner bought and got divorced so had to sell almost straight away.. (oop's, maybe the bike was the final straw LOL )
Second owner has had it 1 year and has just upgraded to a 1250....
So all good for me... I have re-negotiated with this new info.. and got a further £250 on my PX and a BMW alarm fitted to the new bike.. result ;)

3rd time lucky bike then beaver.............will have a nice home now....:thumb2:thumb2

New to me anyway .. 67 plate TE... with all the bits...
Its somewhere I didn't want to go on a keeper... but looks like I'm going there anyway :)
But at least I get 2 years warranty etc... coming Friday :)

I thought it was mine for a min but it had 14000 on the clock,from AJ's I presume ?

Back
Top Bottom