Guard

what does it do exactly?.. everything that gets hit i.e. crossbar, uprights and stand ends are still exposed?

what does it do exactly?.. everything that gets hit i.e. crossbar, uprights and stand ends are still exposed?

Dont think of the stand as being down, think of it being in the up position. Imagine all the shite stones and other crap coming off the wheels and hitting the crossbar, thats what takes the beating. Now some have argued that the crossbar is still exposed when stand is up but to that end i fitted some Helicopter tape to the exposed side of the crossbar which faces directly down when in the up position. This isnt some touratwat extra its a genuine BMW part. Time will tell whether or not it does the job its supposed to do. :thumb:D

Same comment.. the cross bar gets hit where you've put the tape.... at best its masking about 1/3rd of it? All I can see the cover doing is holding bits of chucked up stones in place around the back where they usualy would not go... rubbing the paint off and making it rust there also? strange things... never seen the point ?

Looks the wrong way round to me, but I’ve seen these fitted and also thought that the stand is still exposed.

Helicopter tape is the best option. Or Lizard skins mountain bike film.

got one on my 2018 Triple Black after seeing them on the 1250s £30 ,if i recall. thought they were a std item on the 1250 though .....

Don't understand the point of this.
My centre stand 'bounces' over road undulations and is very annoying, the last thing I would want is to add more weight onto an already bouncing part

Don't understand the point of this.
My centre stand 'bounces' over road undulations and is very annoying, the last thing I would want is to add more weight onto an already bouncing part

It weighs 50% of fuck all its plastic.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

maybe it acts like an airfoil and ground effect.. sticking the stand the the bike and giving more grip to the tires.. Or it could just be £30 down the drain as its actually detrimental to the stand??

Back
Top Bottom