Dashboard dim when hitting the breaks

chris618

Reaction score
When i hit the breaks, tachometer will dim. Info.....I changed OEM back light with new ones LED.
Any idea?

Chris,
All of the earths for the instrument cluster are crimped together in the loom which runs up the RHS side of the framework which supports the lights instruments etc.
Carefully cut back the insulation and remake this large earth joint, which will almost certainly have gone green from corrosion.

For your info the earths are brown in colour

HTH
|Neil

I forgot to mention that today i replaced the led tail light with an ordinary one and the dash didn t dim at all

Is the LED tail lamp a brake + tail? I guess it must be, so is it working properly? That is, the tail lamp lights normally and the brake lamp comes on much brighter without affecting the tail lamp?

What I'm thinking is that when the brake lamp comes on, somehow it's causing the side/tail/instrument circuit to draw more current and drop voltage.

Do all the side/tail/instrument lamps dim together when you put the brake on? They should, as they're all on the same circuit. :nenau

So guys, i found the trouble maker! The position light bulb was broken. Replaced it and works fine!!!

Back
Top Bottom