Time to say goodbye to the GSA

IMG_0320-1024x768.jpg

Yup KTM up to their usual antics, probably got a warehouse full of them to get shot of so reduced the price a few K just to get rid. There by screwing their customers that paid full price. Don’t ya just love it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not at all..loved the GSA..but I also love a deal.

Good luck with your new choice and im sure in your mind its the right thing to do and hope that the new bike serves you well.
The KTM is a great bike as others have always said ( I know I take the piss out of them ) with its great engine and appeal.:thumb:thumb Let us know how you get on:thumb2

I smile when I read those folk buying the latest, greatest and fastest bikes cause in my experience whence behind them, they can't ride for toffee. :p

I smile when I read those folk buying the latest, greatest and fastest bikes cause in my experience whence behind them, they can't ride for toffee. :p

Behind them in your truck, with a long finger nailed prossie in the bunk?

They probably said the same about your driving, when you had your little crash in the Tesco car park. :aidan

Ive never driven into a kerb yet,,but theres always time I guess

1290 engine will seem like nuclear power after that steam engine!

And what about those behind you, what do they think.

Remember: Those that ride slower than you are idiots, those that ride faster are madmen.

Sorry you couldn’t get the deal you wanted and I hope you enjoy your KTM, but from someone who buys there bikes outright, I’m glad BMW are trying to hold back from cheaper PCP deals... it’s these that kill the residual values of cars and bikes.

There has been high demand for the 1250 GSA and so dealers are trying to retain some profit ... god I will get struck down for saying people make money from selling anything.

I’m sure once stock is more plentiful, the deals will be available.

Sorry you couldn’t get the deal you wanted and I hope you enjoy your KTM, but from someone who buys there bikes outright, I’m glad BMW are trying to hold back from cheaper PCP deals... it’s these that kill the residual values of cars and bikes.

There has been high demand for the 1250 GSA and so dealers are trying to retain some profit ... god I will get struck down for saying people make money from selling anything.

I’m sure once stock is more plentiful, the deals will be available.

Deals are available...just not at the price I am prepared to pay.

Deals are available...just not at the price I am prepared to pay.

Adios, switch the light out on your way out the door

I don't consider that a fair response.

A deal is a great motivator for buying anything.

We are all bikers here, mainly in the adventure/touring arena and that arena has a good selection of manufacturers to choose from.

Dealers spout complete bullshit. I fancied a change from GS, so bought an XR recently and asked if there was any expected model changes soon. When the salesman replied no, he was either lying or incompetent.

Thankfully I knew and screwed the fuck out of the deal and now riding a bike I enjoy, at a price which makes it an even better bike. If I didn't get a deal, i would have bought somewhere/something else.

I don't consider that a fair response.

A deal is a great motivator for buying anything.

We are all bikers here, mainly in the adventure/touring arena and that arena has a good selection of manufacturers to choose from.

Dealers spout complete bullshit. I fancied a change from GS, so bought an XR recently and asked if there was any expected model changes soon. When the salesman replied no, he was either lying or incompetent.

Thankfully I knew and screwed the fuck out of the deal and now riding a bike I enjoy, at a price which makes it an even better bike. If I didn't get a deal, i would have bought somewhere/something else.

Fair enough, but i wont be changing it. Read it carefully, i didn’t say anything derogatory, you will obviously put your own slant on it but hey ho, so be it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fair enough, but i wont be changing it. Read it carefully, i didn’t say anything derogatory, you will obviously put your own slant on it but hey ho, so be it.

Why would I put a slant on it?

I've commented positively on other posts of yours. Maybe you'd go faster if the flicked that chip of your shoulder bud?

I change my bike every two years. Last decade I've had 5 GS. This time, stayed with BMW, but different model. I consider them a great manufacturer, but always open to trying something else. Enjoy your farkles - half of them are off my old bike :okay

Sounds like money is driving your life, shame really.

I bought my BMW R1200GS by recommendation, good job really as I would never have bought one from a test ride. Clickerty Clackerty engine put me right off.

But since then I've come to really enjoy the bike and decided to keep it.

So, trade-in value, depreciation, farkle costs, dealer valuations, paperwork, interest rates, condition assessments, all can take a running jump......

If you like what you have, it's always a bad deal to get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom