Battery Powered Heated Gloves Recommendations

BillyBoxer6

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Can anyone recommend a decent quality, reasonably priced Battery Powered Heated Glove please?
I was going to go for the Wired In Version but the Battery Alternative would be better in terms of swapping between Bikes....

You want to buy recommendations on battery powered heated gloves?

Here’s one for free.... the ones that fit your hands best, not some bloke’s who works as a lumberjack or his mate’s who plays the harp.

PS: Gerbing 12V XR-12 Hybrid Gloves come highly recommended

You want to buy recommendations on battery powered heated gloves?

Here’s one for free.... the ones that fit your hands best, not some bloke’s who works as a lumberjack or his mate’s who plays the harp.

PS: Gerbing 12V XR-12 Hybrid Gloves come highly recommended

I'm not sure what you mean by me "Wanting to Buy" a Recommendation, but the Fitting wasn't really what I was asking about.
I'm well aware that they need to fit me correctly.
What I'm looking for is someone who has experience of using the Battery powered ones over the Wired In Type, and to ascertain what sort of Battery Life I can expect per Charge.
Thanks for your Input though.....

I've had Gerbing gloves for probably fifteen years or more. IMHO they're brilliant but yes, I do have to wire / power mine from the bike. I just bought an extra power lead, so that I could run my heated gear from both of my bikes. Five minute job to attach to the battery and you can remove and fit to your next bike as and when.
Cables down the arms, like you used to have to do as kids with mittens, is a right PITA though. Not so much for me, as I've got their jacket as well, so they just plug into a short wire on the cuff of each sleeve. But gloves on their own, would mean cables down the arms of your bike jacket.
Bike battery powered = hot gloves all day.
Stand alone Battery powered = limited heat / few hours of battery life before needing recharge.
I know from recent experience (tried to buy a battery pack for my jacket at the bike show, so that I could wear the heated jacket off of the bike) that the battery packs, if bought separately are now VERY expensive to buy. I'm guessing that this may well be reflected in the pricing of battery powered gloves going forward?
With regard to sizing, I'd go to an authorised supplier and try them all on. Gerbing sizes are quite different to other manufacturers.
Good luck with your search. Hope this helps.

Sorry Billy, our posts crossed over each other.
If you have a look on the Gerbing site, for their gloves, there are two pictures. The second shows their estimation of battery life for the different capacity batteries at different heat settings.
https://gerbing.co.uk/gerbing-2ah-battery-kit.html
Cant help with real life experience of the battery powered gloves, but I Bought a battery powered Gerbing heated Gilet for the wife, just after the bike show. Came with two of their 2ah lowered powered batteries. On full power, in our limited time with the Gilet, it lasts for about two hours per battery. This matches their estimated times shown on their graph. (She's only tried it on full power).

I've had Gerbing gloves for probably fifteen years or more. IMHO they're brilliant but yes, I do have to wire / power mine from the bike. I just bought an extra power lead, so that I could run my heated gear from both of my bikes. Five minute job to attach to the battery and you can remove and fit to your next bike as and when.
Cables down the arms, like you used to have to do as kids with mittens, is a right PITA though. Not so much for me, as I've got their jacket as well, so they just plug into a short wire on the cuff of each sleeve. But gloves on their own, would mean cables down the arms of your bike jacket.
Bike battery powered = hot gloves all day.
Stand alone Battery powered = limited heat / few hours of battery life before needing recharge.
I know from recent experience (tried to buy a battery pack for my jacket at the bike show, so that I could wear the heated jacket off of the bike) that the battery packs, if bought separately are now VERY expensive to buy. I'm guessing that this may well be reflected in the pricing of battery powered gloves going forward?
With regard to sizing, I'd go to an authorised supplier and try them all on. Gerbing sizes are quite different to other manufacturers.
Good luck with your search. Hope this helps.

Thanks for your Input Skid.
Yes, I've done the same thing in the past for my Heated Jacket Liner etc, which works well with my own Bikes.
The problems arise when I use the Blood Bikes because they're not geared up with such Kit.
I've even had to rig up a Portable Sat Nav Set-Up that can be switched between Bikes, but even then it only works on those with 12v Power Sockets.
You're quite right about the cost of Battery Packs too.
As with Cordless Drills etc, it's often cheaper to buy a whole new Set than replace the battery alone.

Sorry Billy, our posts crossed over each other.
If you have a look on the Gerbing site, for their gloves, there are two pictures. The second shows their estimation of battery life for the different capacity batteries at different heat settings.
https://gerbing.co.uk/gerbing-2ah-battery-kit.html
Cant help with real life experience of the battery powered gloves, but I Bought a battery powered Gerbing heated Gilet for the wife, just after the bike show. Came with two of their 2ah lowered powered batteries. On full power, in our limited time with the Gilet, it lasts for about two hours per battery. This matches their estimated times shown on their graph. (She's only tried it on full power).

Thanks, I'll take a look at that now :thumby:

I'm not sure what you mean by me "Wanting to Buy" a Recommendation...

You are in the For Sale and Wanted section.

You might do better here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/381-Clothing-amp-Protective-Gear

Or here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/4-Beakchat-and-Bollox-(the-virtual-Pub) for a broad spread of opinion and knowledge. There’s a bloke who wanted to know about the mysterious refuelling of North Sea ferries. He found out everything and more in minutes.

But best of all the 1250 section. They love a discussion about gloves there.

You might do better here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/381-Clothing-amp-Protective-Gear

Or here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/forumdisplay.php/4-Beakchat-and-Bollox-(the-virtual-Pub) for a broad spread of opinion and knowledge. There’s a bloke who wanted to know about the mysterious refuelling of North Sea ferries. He found out everything and more in minutes.

But best of all the 1250 section. They love a discussion about gloves there.
Oh right, Cheers....

Back
Top Bottom