Remember this anybody?

Rugged Path

The Honourable.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought this from a guy I think was in Belgium over 12yrs ago for my 1150GSA (single spark).

5e3d4b82b269244b1d58341a2ac4ff62.jpg
150f8bc45fe68ac2d614d401782def8b.jpg

Patria o Muerte

They don't work very long, the Motronic senses the initial richer mixture and learns it out quickly.
Applies to any intake sensor spoofer model.

When new the 1150 models came out and ran a bit weak to get round the emission regs, I was under the impression that this adapter between motronic and ECU cable would fool the ECU into running a bit richer.
One reason for me to buy it back in the early days.

Patria o Muerte

When new the 1150 models came out and ran a bit weak to get round the emission regs, I was under the impression that this adapter between motronic and ECU cable would fool the ECU into running a bit richer.
One reason for me to buy it back in the early days.

Patria o Muerte

It sat between the motronic and the inlet air temp sensor and through a resistance bridge network gave a false inlet temp about 12 deg below normal. Because air is more dense at lower temperature, the motronic would add more fuel. Which would give a boost in power especially in the open loop phase. However, in the closed loop the lambda probe cuts the fuel back.

My understanding is that over time the motronic would learn that the inlet temp is false and cut the fuel back anyway, thereby negating the use of the accelerator module.

I learnt the best place for it was in the bin.

:D

As above..the lambda sensor sees an excessively rich mixture so ecu trims back over probably as little as 100 miles depending....bin indeed.

Unlike the wet (behind the ears) section this functionality has been proven through a datalogger and wideband 02 sensor by Roger04rt.

why bin? just because it doesnt work long term for 1150s with 'learning' motronics, there are 1100s that dont have lambda sensors nor fuel trimming ECUs, that may still benefit from this mod as they run open loop all the time.

why bin? just because it doesnt work long term for 1150s with 'learning' motronics, there are 1100s that dont have lambda sensors nor fuel trimming ECUs, that may still benefit from this mod as they run open loop all the time.

Up to what year do the 1100s run open loop; and what would be the benfit of that devise Gog.

Dont know snelly, mine doesnt have an O2 sensor and (I believe) never did. I am unsure whether the UK got any 1100GS's with O2 sensors, or if they did what year it was introduced, or if it was specific to the GS models. I know some non-UK models had one. Whether or not its got one (or if its used to control fuelling) is flagged by the cat coding plug (in the fuse box), and AF mixture altered with a co-pot if no lambda data available.

Some good info here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/396459-R1100-Fueling-Open-Loop-Closed-Loop-amp-CO-Pot

Dont know snelly, mine doesnt have an O2 sensor and (I believe) never did. I am unsure whether the UK got any 1100GS's with O2 sensors, or if they did what year it was introduced, or if it was specific to the GS models. I know some non-UK models had one. Whether or not its got one (or if its used to control fuelling) is flagged by the cat coding plug (in the fuse box), and AF mixture altered with a co-pot if no lambda data available.

Some good info here: https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/396459-R1100-Fueling-Open-Loop-Closed-Loop-amp-CO-Pot

Cheers Gog; :beerjug:

Back
Top Bottom