Orignal BMW City Toursers - replacements needed

JonnyBravo

Reaction score
I have apair of the original grey BMW city trousers that are, well I cant remember how old but I have had them for a long time and they have been brilliant.
Very very comfy, with massive armour (d3?) over the knees and shins with hip protection too. They close easily around my Sidi Adventre boots. Worn them on and off road and on multiple lond distance adventures.
They are an XL size which is an absolute perfect fit. (56?)
They are warm enough in UK and cool enough when you get to somewhere like Spain.
I prefer to ride in these and my leather jacket & carry BMW rainguard trousers and top to put on when its wet when on tour. (In the UK if the weather is really shite or in winter I wear a BMW Tourshell outfit.)

However, they are now in my opinion worn out in the arse area !
The material seems quite thin now in the backside compared to the rest of the trouser just through many many years of wear and tear and I have luckily only hever had small speed off's in them whilst off road.

Anyway, to the point - replacements

There are bargains to be had right now on-line so its agood time to buy but i cant go and try on
I like BMW gear, it has always served me very well.

BMW rider trousers are a no - armour too small and I dont need the waterproof drop liner. ( i have tried these on in the past)
BMW City denim jeans - Any experience? what size is the armour (which comes out from the outside?) Material thickness ?
BMW 5 pocket jeans - Look like they wont fit over my Sidi Adv boots.
BMW Summer pants - Look a bit gimmickey with the shorts factor zips and too light weight maybe?

Any first hand experience and opinions is appreciated from someone who has worn any of these (or alternatives) for a while

I once bought a pair of Lindstrand jeans with the hi-art in them but the fit was not great and I could never get the (small) knee pads to sit right

many thanks!

I wear a Richa summer jkt, BMW summer pants3, Altberg walking boots plus rainproof over top n troos when needed. Have worn the summer pants for 5yrs and would rate them. Lost a bit of wt when i started walking and bmw provided additional popper, hook (and loan of fitting device) f.o.c. to reduce the waistband of the summer pants which worked well. Being able to zip off the lower legs plus armour has proved really useful for me. Good luck!

I have and still use a pair of the old BMW City 2 trousers and these are my go to trousers in the spring, summer and autumn. They are cordura but not waterproof, have great armour and are the comfiest trousers I have ever owned.

I think the City 2’s have been replaced with the summer 3 trousers which look similar but have zip off lowers. The BMW Rider Trousers also look good also and come with a waterproof liner.

There are deals on these here: https://www.bmw-motorrad-bohling.com/uk/bmw-rider-motorcycle-pants-men-2015-black.html

These are the city 2
e29ba22426dc4bca9efd6b2d468e7d7c.jpg

My friend has the rider trousers and his came with hip and knee armour.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The city 2 ones look very similar to my original city.
Same sort of material with the big armour.
Thanks I will see if I can find the summer ones to try.

The Rider trousers have very small knee armour and they won’t close around the ankle/boot as they are too tight.
The waterproof drop liner is a bit pointless. Without it already in on a ride are you supposed to stop and take your trousers off it rains? ;)

"...Without it already in on a ride are you supposed to stop and take your trousers off it rains?"

Doesn't really matter - I had mine in, was caught in rain, had soaking wet arse. 3-years old? Out of warranty sir. But they hadn't been worn that much, honestly :blagblah

Totally agree with you on the City 2 trousers. Had mine 10ish years. Absolutely brilliant. Had a pair of Summer trousers(zip off legs). Found them too thin.

Back
Top Bottom