Seat query - comfy or not?

+1 on the comfort seat option, for £45 well worth it when placing the order for the bike, it's a no brainer for that money

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Whatever seat i got low or low comfort, it was useless, going to chop it out again. bloody designers !

GSA or GS? I found the 1250 GSA seat wider at the front, hence the pressure on the back of the thighs. Narrower on the GS and no pressure under the thighs.

The Bike is 60mm wider so all the seats have been widened -

so if your a short arse like me the ""Lowered"" claims are bollox, yes it may be 30mm low, but a 60mm wider seat , wipes out the low but you still pay for it!!!

I didn't know the seat width was wider on the GSA just presumed it would be the same. Just shows how much notice I took when test riding both, anyway settled for the GS, and prefer the little bit of extra comfort and better looking in my opinion for £22.50p per seat.

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

1043 miles in 22 hours on a K1300S in leathers. Pissed it down for 16 hours. Pretty miserable!

I have the same problem. Almost feels like a friction burn where my legs and arse meet. There isn’t much of my body in contact with the seat. High front and low back made it better but I find the seat too soft. I usually don’t get sore at all but I’m slightly struggling with the GSA. Thinking of trying a cool mesh cover.

Does anyone think the standard seat is uncomfortable after 3/4 hours riding? If so, what re my best alternatives please? I’d rather not adjust the seat height as that’s perfect tbh. Thoughts, views and options welcomed.

I’ve just bought a comfort seat to replace the standard seat which I thought was pretty poor. I think it’s crap that a manufacturer like BMW who tout the bike as an adventure bike which should be suitable for mile munching, sell a “comfort”. Do they class the standard seat as a KTM seat.

Before Wapping closes the thread:D
Talking of long hauls in the saddle. Whats the longest anyone has done here ?
Mine is, ........Got up in a hotel Marrakesh, and met a mate in St. Nazier. I think it was around 17 hours non stop. I had the sheepskin, and it was perfect. That was on an 1150GS in 2008. :thumb

Completed 5 Iron butts for the Royal British legion over the past 5 years and one 3 weeks ago for the local hospice completed in 21 hrs and 1,016 miles. Yorkshire to Wick and back. All of my iron butts done on GSA's, all with a standard seat with front on high, rear on low as said on here.....but its what you wear? Halvarssons trouser guy here.

TD

I have the same problem. Almost feels like a friction burn where my legs and arse meet. There isn’t much of my body in contact with the seat. High front and low back made it better but I find the seat too soft. I usually don’t get sore at all but I’m slightly struggling with the GSA. Thinking of trying a cool mesh cover.

I went for the BMW low seat, is harder. For the first time I don't have a problem with comfort, similar set up like yours, high front - low back. On my previous bikes 1200RT I had Sargent seats. Any good dealer will have one for test rides, borrow one for the day. :thumb2

I have the seat on the low setting at the rear and high at the front. Much more comfy on long rides. Done a few full days riding on the bike with no issues at all.

I find if I have the seat 'flat' i.e same height front and rear, that is when I find it uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

I have the seat on the low setting at the rear and high at the front. Much more comfy on long rides. Done a few full days riding on the bike with no issues at all.

I find if I have the seat 'flat' i.e same height front and rear, that is when I find it uncomfortable after a couple of hours.

Based on our chat yesterday I’m now trying this set up. If it makes no difference I’ll be popping the wunderlicht back on.

I have the TT/Kahedo ultralow seat,

Its hard, very hard, OK for the daily commute , but i'm not sure how we would gel on a long trip

I bought some moto skiveeze to see if they work, they do, but i'm not sure about a long haul trip.

I modded the original seat some time back, and decided to give it another go today ...

With the new cuban heels ;) it felt a lot better

I'm going to go with the modded original for a while and see

I find my 1250 seat a lot more comfortable than my 2014 GS LC was. I’ve done a few near 300 mile/8 hour staycation days this summer and it’s been more than tolerable :thumby:

I got some of those offset rubber grommets that are used to lower the front, and used them to raise it, made all the difference.

Also use some motorcycle padded pants https://www.adventurebikeshop.co.uk/ergonomics/moto-skiveez-adventure-pants/ which helps on those all day rides.

(Trying not to smirk at putting a link to “adventure pants” and saying ‘all day ride’ in the same post)

I take it they just slotted on "upside down" from their intended purpose? I could do with some extra legroom on my GSA, already have lowered pegs but could do with a little extra.

For what it's worth I have a BMW 'Executive' front seat on my LC. I went to Berlin and back (from Salisbury!) and don't remember having any issues. On my twin-cam ADV I had a Saddleman which was awesome.

Back
Top Bottom