Screens (again)

developer

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Comparing to a 2017 GSA, not a GS - rider 5' 11"

Puig Touring or Wunderlich Ergo 2?

Thoughts and experiences please.

And views on additional support brackets please.

Ta :thumb

I've been using a Puig touring screen for a few years now - been on 4 different GSA's - now on a 1250 GSA. It's been great but it does flex unless you fit the support bracket which I did last week. Great bit of kit.

Had a Givi airflow on the hexhead,

in short brilliant

the new "Tiny fashion statement thing on the wetead" hmm

ive got a puig or MRA, i cant remember which in a bag ready to go on when i find the time :)

(Taller & wind deflector thing built in)

-------------------

And views on additional support brackets please.

--------

My experience is with the OEM screen, which vibrates quite a bit when riding.

I have no idea if this vibration will put a strain on the screen, as I did not like the vibration, and installed brackets.

https://www.nippynormans.com/cymarc/r1200gs-lc-adventure/cymarc-r1200gs-lcadventure-lc-r1250gsadv-adjustable-screen-strengthening-brackets-pair-black

These brackets stopped the vibration.

It may not make a difference to the screen, but it sure made a difference to the rider, as my wife's husband hates to see plastic vibrating :beerjug:

I have the Puig touring screen and it is excellent though maybe slightly taller than I'd prefer. My only criticism was that the light tint was too light for me and the dark tint is a little too dark (though I settled on that one).

I have one of these available https://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/530639-LC-GS-GSA-Large-tinted-screen?highlight=screen (Slipscreen I believe) which I'd let go for £30 plus postage if that's any use to you. The height and tint are spot on in my opinion and it allows a little additional airflow on the torso. I only changed to the Puig as it gave a little less buffeting for my pillion.

For me, shorter is better, I tried the barn door approach, I tried MRA, I tried MRA X-Creen and those daft looking windscreen toppers, none of them really worked as intended. I then read some wise words of sage like wisdom from a chap who normally frequents the gnarley bar and thought "I'll give that a shot". Now I use a V-Screen sports screen and it's perfect (for me) my helmet is in clean air (The one on my head) and the aerodynamics of the helmet do what they are supposed to do. I get just enough air pushing back on my cheat to take away strain / back ache on ballbuster days in the saddle.

It really works for me, several others prefer the small screen approach, and sometimes I look at some of the behemoth Puig touring screesn, with additional spoilers and think "Dude, you really need to feck off and buy a car".

a6517b6a9b2f0ef47f2905c41e485cb0.jpg

Back
Top Bottom