Akro down pipes with OE silencer

Nin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi folks

I currently have a full Akro system in my 1200 GSA - it’s great but just a little bit shouty.

Has anyone tried the Akro downpipes with the OE end can?

That takes out the stupid flappy valve thing and might be a bit quieter.

Interested to hear your experiences

Nin

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Hi Nin, I'm running just headers, took the GPR can off to noises, so much nicer alround.

personally i would (and have ) gone the other way standard down pipes with the akro end can just right noise wise imo obv

I’ve the Akra down pipes with OE silencer, still has the flappy valve but sounds great. Decent note but not over the top!!

I have the OE silencer with the Akra ss decat headers. It sounds a little louder than stock, but not excessive.

I used to run Euro 3 end can with Remus ss de cat pipes , mapped , and it was great , sounded deep , but when on trips 2 up always put the OE end can back on.
The new 1250 , has the standard down pipes with the euro end can and sounds great , but with the flappy on still the torque and pull is perfect , one thing I noticed about the first system was at low revs it did not pull as well as the standard system until you were using more revs but after was more flowing , small point but with the new 1250 the has so much more grunt the valve I feel makes the bike better. Akro only do a down pipe with the valve still on (last time I looked), which I would imagine they have a reason and developed it along those lines.

Back
Top Bottom