Engine Bar Bracket

Skudd

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Looking for the right hand upper bracket for OEM engine bars, cant seem to find anything on parts finders or diagram for it. Any clues?

for an adventure?

Yes, I've found the left (but they say the right) part number 46637696418. If you look at the bike its the left, if you sit on the bike it's the right, if you ride in England it is the offside.

Yes, I've found the left (but they say the right) part number 46637696418. If you look at the bike its the left, if you sit on the bike it's the right, if you ride in England it is the offside.

Here's a clue about BMW part numbers. If it ends in an even number it fits one side, if it ends in an odd number it fits the other side.

I'll let you do some work and find out which is which, i'm not doing it all for you as i like to encourage people to use their own brain cells to stop them from atrophying .

Here's a clue about BMW part numbers. If it ends in an even number it fits one side, if it ends in an odd number it fits the other side.

I'll let you do some work and find out which is which, i'm not doing it all for you as i like to encourage people to use their own brain cells to stop them from atrophying .

You learn something every day, cheers.

They give them different names as well.

46 63 7 696 417 HOLDING STRAP LEFT
46 63 7 696 418 RETAINING BRACKET, RIGHT

They give them different names as well.

46 63 7 696 417 HOLDING STRAP LEFT
46 63 7 696 418 RETAINING BRACKET, RIGHT

That got me a bit too, also which right or left? Their right is my inside and what I would normally call the left, I want the offside that I would normally call the right.
Anyway just waiting for "Gary" to come back off his dinner so that I can have a chat with him at Chester BMW.

Well Gary is back from his lunch and all is sorted. Thanks for the help and info.

I was going to say mine fell off with the bolt too. Not too expensive from the dealer to replace.
Too late as you are now sorted.

I was going to say mine fell off with the bolt too. Not too expensive from the dealer to replace.
Too late as you are now sorted.

Thanks for the reply, mine was snapped by a previous owner and I'm just working my way around sorting things to my needs.

Back
Top Bottom