Puncture safe liquid

Rowle

Reaction score
Hi all,
Anyone used this in GS tyres ?
I used it for years in my last bike and had no issues. As the GS is a lot more agile then a harley i was wondering it would effect the handling ?

Attachments

• 8D736BC1-F6BF-403E-9EA1-11EBB4122C6C.jpeg
    8D736BC1-F6BF-403E-9EA1-11EBB4122C6C.jpeg
    89.7 KB · Views: 604
I used a similar type years ago and found it to be no good IMHO
I think if the puncture had happened in lower temps it may have worked but never tried it again. I was in Millau during a particlary hot July and the combination of 34 deg plus , hot roads and a puncture caused the goo to just spray out as it could not deal with the heat. Managed to get the repair done at a local shop even after a semi working patch ( did not seal due to the goo) they cleaned the inside and patch glued the repair properly . I would recommend a good puncture repair set , pump and guage ( I carry 3 types as to cover small , large holes etc) as the though of being stranded with no recovery due to area is something i wish not to endure.

I have it in my tyres on an Adventure - no perceived problems with the handling and to date no trouble with the tyres - I actually can't endorse its puncture repairing properties as to my knowledge it hasn't been tested (it may have stopped a leak and I'm unaware) but to my mind for the small cost and ease of installation its a little bit of peace of mind. I always carry a pump and rear kit just in case

for whats its worth i would never touch the stuff,, surely it has to have an effect on wheel balance , and if i get a puncture i would want to know about it rather than blatting on oblivious to it and it not being repaired properly,

for whats its worth i would never touch the stuff,, surely it has to have an effect on wheel balance , and if i get a puncture i would want to know about it rather than blatting on oblivious to it and it not being repaired properly,

I have used Gloop on a few bikes in the past, (R1150GS, Tiger 1050 and Versys 1000), without any issues on wheel balance. I can understand your point about not knowing you had a puncture but I found it gave a little peace of mind. I haven’t used it on my current bike, Yamaha Super Tenere.

I have used it on a couple of GS's without any problems, if it gives you peace of mind then go for it..

Will it stop TPMs from working?

Mike

I use slime in my little CRF 250 Rally which I use for off roading and I have had no issues/tyre deflation even running with 15psi and less on fairly hard rocky trails. I have had some hits where I thought I must have a puncture after that but it has all been good so much so I am looking at Bike Seal for the gs after speaking to the guy at the bike show last year.

I have used bikeseal for a few years and no problems,and does not affect the tps or balance :thumby:
www.bikeseal.co.uk

Another vote for Bikeseal. Used it in tubed, tubeless and tubliss systems for a few years on road and off road bikes with no problems. Their puncture repair kit is also excellent.

Highly recommended! :thumb

Please expand on this

Yes, please expand. I've used this stuff, and its predecessor, in three K1200LTs, for more than 15 years. Now that I have a TE spec 2015 GSA, I was intending to put it in this too, but held off until I can get a view on whether it's likely to foul up the tyre pressure recording. What's the evidence? Thanks.

Am only going on what both local motorcycle tyre fitter and bmw mechanic both told me that it will foul the tpms.

Would also have thought that if it was okay to use then bmw would have
given a kit with a new bike
Or tapped into the tyre seal market wih bmw branded tyre seal much as they have with cleaning products.

Apologies if my initial remark caused any problems

Another vote for Bikeseal. Used it in tubed, tubeless and tubliss systems for a few years on road and off road bikes with no problems. Their puncture repair kit is also excellent.

Highly recommended! :thumb

How many punctures did it actually seal?

How many punctures did it actually seal?

Two that I found when I replaced tyres. No idea how many I didn't find! :beerjug:

I also had had a puncture right on the crease of the sidewall on a brand new Michelin medium - think a bit of shale or rock cut it. Used their puncture repair kit and it!s held fine for the past 6 months with no problems.

I used something similar to puncture safe years ago in a couple of bikes, but I never had a puncture as such so I never found out how effective it was. I do remember though tyre fitters being pissed off that I'd put it in, with one shop telling me not to come back if I've used it again. Nowadays I just carry a Stop N Go or tyre string kit with a pump, all the puncutures I've had have luckily been slow ones caused by a nail or screw. I also keep a kit in the car and used it on Mrs fatals car.

Back
Top Bottom