Keis X25 to J501 jacket upgrade?

rjsmith26

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Currently ride with a Keis X25 (black jacket) which is (a) a bit to big which I know is not good in heated gear, but also (b) I find quite bulky.

Just wondering of anyone on here has owned a X25 in past and upgraded to the newer J501 with red panels which is described as thinner materials and what you think?

Thanks in advance.

It is thinner and more comfortable, sizing is not overly generous and its very comfy once on.

The cuffs can be problematic if you wear Rukka gear as the cuffs on the Rukka jacket lie over the top of the knitted cuff of the J501 and then you have to somehow get your gloves inside aswell.

Thats not an issue with the J501 in particular just a fact with most inner jackets and the Rukka inner cuff system. Some people cut the knitted cuff off the J501 so it sits further back up the wrist allowing the Rukka cuff and gloves to fit better.

It does get mega hot when switched on though and if you are serioulsy riding in all weathers throughout winter then on the days I needed it it kept me going.

I think its the best heated jacket on the market having tried a few. I wore it on some real cold daysin the minus temps and travelling at very high speeds so the wind chill was ffing cold to say the least.

With the heated grips and the jacket on low setting I was on the warm side of comfy, on hot setting I was nearly passing out with the heat.

Stock might be an issue though as Keis are renowned for only making a set amont and then when they sell out there gone and they dont make anymore, dont suppose Covid will have helped matters. If you can find one in your size then I wouldnt hesitate.

Back
Top Bottom