why is the standard seat so uncomfortable?

StewMcGrew

Reaction score
as above really.

Its a gsa, not that that should make a difference set to high on front and back.

The seat is soft but so uncomfortable

for you maybe,every non lc i have had i put a sargent seat on,my last 2 l/c bikes havnt even considered it

OP. "why is the standard seat so uncomfortable? "

My guess there would be no aftermarket sales for stuff if things where bod-on fantastic straight off the bat...

soft is not always the best. Too soft and you sink into it and it kind of pulls your skin. Also the angle you sit on the seat has a lot to do with it. Too much upright and all the weights on the back and base of the spine. thats why high front, low back works. The std GS seats also tend to be high in the middle where as I find flay and wide works better for me.
I've tried everything and think my Sargent seat is the best but not perfect by a long shot.
I did thousands on miles on my R100rs in the 80's and that was like a plank, but one on the best seats I've ever had?? :nenau

I sold my standard seat and bought the bmw comfort seat its nice for all journeys but you pay for what you get plus more for the name bmw .

No problem with the seat here... Happy to ride the bike all day.

Sent from my SM-A520F using Tapatalk

After about 50 miles on the Triumph my arse has had enough. I’ve got Tony Archer making me a new seat at the moment. Comfort should be standard on all makes.

My new bike came with a comfort seat.. Great I thought... But didn't like it as much as the std?? and now the gell thing in it has gone hard!!

You have hit the nail on the head. I had to fit the Sargent seat, the stock is just too soft and tends to push you into the tank. We are all different shapes and sizes so you just have to find what works 👍

Maybe all that shuffling about with your buttocks aroused it

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

After about 50 miles on the Triumph my arse has had enough. I’ve got Tony Archer making me a new seat at the moment. Comfort should be standard on all makes.

thats really useful on this thread thanks for sharing:D

I find the stock seat on my 1250 GS comfy for about 7-8 hours riding, whereas the one on my 1200 GS LC was only good for about half that.

I did have a low Sargent seat for a while, but found it too wide as the edges dug into my upper thigh and caused my sciatica to flare up. My missus found the pillion seat uncomfortable too

Ive done all day on a standard seat with no issues. I do not have a padded tosser sized arse either.

Back
Top Bottom