Louder Horn for a 2013 GSA TC

Monster

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Seeking advice....have had several Nautilus / Stebel units under the beak for years (Nippy Norman Part WUN 44720-002), a lot louder than stock horn but only lasts about 6-10 months before rain, road grime and poor quality seem to get the better of it, inevitably killing it off.........have been advised the Denali SoundBomb is NOT a good fit........ also have a pair of FIAMM AM80S Luxe in a box , would they do the trick? Looking for something with a proper sound, neat fit, CANBUS compatible, that will last longer than 6 months......suggestions very welcome ....thanks...

I used a Denali split sound bomb.
Mounted the horn near the original horn and the compressor next to the ABS unit under the tank out of the muck.
There is only the air pipe from the compressor to the horn, and nothing to go wrong in the horn as it is only an air horn unit.
Powered it via a relay which is triggered by the original horn circuit so no can bus issues. ( I still have the original horn fitted and working not that you would hear it above the Split Sound Bomb).

this one for me is like wearing a yellow bib and riding with your lights on - why?

car drivers don't ever bother to look where they are going, with 95% too dim to understand what to do if they see you anyway.

with that in mind what does fitting a loud horn have to do with anything?

if you have time to beep the horn you have plenty of time to miss them... and as the too dim statement suggests, shouting, gesticulating or blasting your horn has no affect as they don't know its even aimed at them. you'd be better off saving your energy on riding well, opening the throttle and working out which other retard will try to get you next.

Buy a used one off a BMW car, made by Fiamm and much louder than the mouse-fart things fitted to the bikes. And the wiring connectors are the same. Just put one on my 2017 bike, no problems at all.
On Ebay for less than a tenner delivered.

this one for me is like wearing a yellow bib and riding with your lights on - why?

car drivers don't ever bother to look where they are going, with 95% too dim to understand what to do if they see you anyway.

with that in mind what does fitting a loud horn have to do with anything?

if you have time to beep the horn you have plenty of time to miss them... and as the too dim statement suggests, shouting, gesticulating or blasting your horn has no affect as they don't know its even aimed at them. you'd be better off saving your energy on riding well, opening the throttle and working out which other retard will try to get you next.

On a couple of occasions I have had a car reverse to give access to another vehicle , they have not seen me I presume that I must be in a blind spot.
The Denali is so loud that even with their radio on the car driver will hear it.
In this situation the only thing that is going to save you is the volume of the horn, so mine has paid for itself at least twice over.

Buy a used one off a BMW car, made by Fiamm and much louder than the mouse-fart things fitted to the bikes. And the wiring connectors are the same. Just put one on my 2017 bike, no problems at all.
On Ebay for less than a tenner delivered.

This is definitely the best answer. Straight plug and play, takes 5 minutes. Loads on ebay to choose from. Make sure you get the LOW tone horn as it's louder. Alan

I bought the mini sound bomb and frankly pathetic....going to give the car horn idea a go....thanks for th3 heads up.

On a couple of occasions I have had a car reverse to give access to another vehicle , they have not seen me I presume that I must be in a blind spot.
The Denali is so loud that even with their radio on the car driver will hear it.
In this situation the only thing that is going to save you is the volume of the horn, so mine has paid for itself at least twice over.

this very thing happened to me yesterday..... (and just like the last time) the volume of the horn is no help if the button is in such a stupid place you can't locate it at the right time, never had a problem on any other make of bike in 45 years riding but always do on the random joke switch gear BMW like

same issue at night, thought I was on high beam, car comes round a corner and thought oh lets dip, felt for the button (which conversely fell to hand beautifully) and went oh we are on dip..... after the moment passed and I had time to think, I could see I was on high beam, put my thumb on the switch studied its position from a haptic perspective and came to the conclusion high beam is a perfect match for my hand for where the dip position should be

Still its better than the new joke where you use your index finger (like most modern bikes).... ride the KTM all day and its baby size hand grips mean you can't help regularly hitting the high beam lever by mistake all day long.....

oh and on BMW's current bikes, the unnecessarily double the diameter and double the width BMW rotatory controller just means you can't reach anything useful like the indicator switch

conclusion.... bikes are twice the price, four times as ugly and made half as well as they used to be

Guys

Just a heads-up re the BMW car horn. Yes it works a treat and is an easy fit etc but if used often in succession will stop working completely. Bike needs to be switched off and on to get the horn working again. (This was my experience on a 2016 GSA LC)

It seems to be that the car horn has a lower resistance / impedance and is drawing more current (and making more noise), and the CANBUS system is shutting it down.

I have since swapped to a Denail Soundbomb mini and don't have that issue.

Back
Top Bottom