iPad battery query

Kaybe

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My wife’s iPad stopped charging. Had it checked and wasn’t the battery per se, thought to be the iPad’s connector which we had changed c£20. Sorted of fixed it then same issue just stopped charging.

I happened to pick up the old one out of habit and stuck it on the charger and it started charging.
Ok cut to chase, it seems it won’t charge if it has any charge, but when completely flat it will charge undisturbed up to it 100% and useable as per normal. :confused:
Any thoughts as works for me and bought her a new one. So all happy.
Thanks

Try a dfu restore this will re install a fresh system to the ipad, to do this have your computer up and running with iTunes, with the ipad turned off plug the connector into the ipad first, then plug the usb into the computer whilst holding the round home button.
This will put into dfu mode and force the restore, iTunes will download a fresh install of the iOS onto the device.
This will fix the issue.

Never mentioned did the dfu to clear for my use.
That aspect worked fine but the battery issue was unchanged.

I have an iPad Air 2 where the alignment of the charging cable and it’s Lightning connector is critical. Just the slightest disturbance and charging stops. I have cleaned both the male and female bits (!) but to no avail - however it was the perfect justification for an iPad Air 4 purchase ...

Back
Top Bottom