What have you done to your LC today

What have I done with my LC today? Walked past it in the garage wondering if the September trip to Spain/Portugal carried over from last year is going to happen.

What have I done with my LC today? Walked past it in the garage wondering if the September trip to Spain/Portugal carried over from last year is going to happen.

I have a voucher from Eurotunnel that I need to use, also hoping for a get away to Spain in September if I don't wreck myself or the bike at the GS Trophy qualifier in September.

put these decals on

bugger to fit but i like them,on the front alli panels.

Attachments

• 20210311_132054[2].jpg
    20210311_132054[2].jpg
    260.7 KB · Views: 298
What stops a scrote nicking them when parked up? Do they provide more visibility?

Better, clearer stable vison. Knowing if the bike drops they just fold in, Fold in, or take off when off road. Connect my cam in seconds to ball. Able to set the mirrors in exactly the spot I want. High, Low, in or out. And No, there is no security. And that doesn't worry me. Itchy boots in her latest video mentions how much she misses these mirrors on her new bike in South Africa !

Better, clearer stable vison. Knowing if the bike drops they just fold in, Fold in, or take off when off road. Connect my cam in seconds to ball. Able to set the mirrors in exactly the spot I want. High, Low, in or out. And No, there is no security. And that doesn't worry me. Itchy boots in her latest video mentions how much she misses these mirrors on her new bike in South Africa !

I mentioned the issue of security to Stefen (mototravel uk) on his Vlog, he said you can get Ram locking knobs they cost about £10 a part - might be of interest

I mentioned the issue of security to Stefen (mototravel uk) on his Vlog, he said you can get Ram locking knobs they cost about £10 a part - might be of interest

Ill look into that. Cheers.

Is this the Magellan tour? If so I am in exactly the same situation.

bugger to fit but i like them,on the front alli panels.
These look good. I had my panels powder coated black but would probably have tried these if I’d known about them.

What stops a scrote nicking them when parked up? Do they provide more visibility?

I have the ram lock security fastener on my quad lock ram mount, I won't fit it to the mirrors as I think its a bit bulky. I might switch the fasteners to security torx but I never leave my bike parked where I consider it an issue and if I did I can always whip them of myself but when you think about it its just as easy to remove stock mirrors but I appreciate the ram fastener is more inviting, but I think the advantages out weigh the disadvantages especially when off road.

Cleaned back wheel and thought I’d check rear brake pads :eek:

Attachments

• 0688601B-ED5A-4B3A-950B-7E84CDDEFADE.jpg
    0688601B-ED5A-4B3A-950B-7E84CDDEFADE.jpg
    275.4 KB · Views: 362
  • 5F7495C9-93CE-44B5-8EBE-F8BCD0B00B72.jpg
    5F7495C9-93CE-44B5-8EBE-F8BCD0B00B72.jpg
    258.9 KB · Views: 364
Where is the best place to buy the mirrors for 1200gs lc? Please

To be honest, sourcing them was a nightmare. There seems to be a limited amount around. And you could wait ages. Don't buy the cheap Chinese copies, they don't clamp up and persistently fall down.

Fitted a Cymarc plate and Kriega soft luggage, the Cymarc plate slots are not big enough for any straps I have, so bought the Kriega fittings

Attachments

• A570D865-FEEE-4F83-AA3A-357529BB65B2.jpg
    A570D865-FEEE-4F83-AA3A-357529BB65B2.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 324
  • 82814005-8D26-4A27-B060-E3697FF96E24.jpg
    82814005-8D26-4A27-B060-E3697FF96E24.jpg
    249.7 KB · Views: 330

Back
Top Bottom