Tracker

Hi Demonbaker, from everyone's posts, especially yours, its obvious that the tracker is worth keeping. Your scenario is probably where it is at it's best.
In six months time if will cost me £109pa but worth it for peace of mind.

I allowed myself to be influenced by a couple of negative reports I had read, one being about battery life.
Bloody forums!

Thanks for all the input guys, I have been in quite a few forums over the years but this one tops them all.

Cheers, Pete

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

It does have an internal battery :thumb2

Whilst I was relocating mine I had disconnected the main battery and 5 mins later datatool called me to check everything was ok. I said I was working on bike and had disconnected the battery thinking the internal battery would continue to monitor.

Lady on phone said they are alerted to any sudden power drop as they think someone is trying to remove the tracker to steal the bike :eek:

Clever stuff and I’m glad I’ve got it. Just expect a call if you disconnect the main battery without alerting them first.

That’s useful to know. Thanks....

Hi Demonbaker, from everyone's posts, especially yours, its obvious that the tracker is worth keeping. Your scenario is probably where it is at it's best.
In six months time if will cost me £109pa but worth it for peace of mind.

I allowed myself to be influenced by a couple of negative reports I had read, one being about battery life.
Bloody forums!

Thanks for all the input guys, I have been in quite a few forums over the years but this one tops them all.

Cheers, Pete

Sent from my SM-G950F using Tapatalk

Yep useful posts and comments like this make it worthwhile.... am about to get my 1250 with pre-installed tracker etc, and want to add a Cansmart etc, so this info has been very useful. thanks all...

Had one on my 1260MS before trading it, never had a problem with battery drain, So far no problems with the 1250.

I like the idea of the tracker so I'll probably pay for a second year when it comes up for renewal. After that I'll see how it goes... Might be on something else by then...

Yep useful posts and comments like this make it worthwhile.... am about to get my 1250 with pre-installed tracker etc, and want to add a Cansmart etc, so this info has been very useful. thanks all...

Agree, some good information and help on here.

I find it bizarre you would have the potential security of a tracker on a highly desirable bike worth over 15k, and baulk at paying £110.

Claiming for a full vehicle loss can be a very stressful experience, something you really want to avoid imho.

That is your risk assessment and will only apply to you. I doubt that my bike will get stolen, never had one touched in 17 years despite no security on them. It is nothing to do with the money, but if you paid to insure everything in life then you would soon have no money to afford anything.

That is your risk assessment and will only apply to you. I doubt that my bike will get stolen, never had one touched in 17 years despite no security on them. It is nothing to do with the money, but if you paid to insure everything in life then you would soon have no money to afford anything.

You sound luckier than most if you don’t need any security.

The stats back it up re tracker recovery rates. It’s not ‘everything in life’ it’s probably your second or third most expensive purchase.

Like you, Id had never had a car stolen in 25 plus years, car keys kept by the bedside, and one morning I woke to find it gone, no keys required , and a 16k insurance claim followed, assessors round my house, interviewing me and witness neighbours, form filling, valuation negotiations, no car for a few months, and a once mint Audi car that I loved found in little tiny bits in a dodgy part of town. 4 years down the line I am still declaring a 16k loss and hence pumping up my car premiums. Some of the people involved were caught and got nothing. Annoys me to think they could wheel your pride and joy away just because they feel like it. £100 really is nothing.

Anywa looks like Pete has got the info he was after and alll good.

Can someone clarify if a keyless bike with tracker actually has an alarm? Just bought a 20 plate bike & can’t find alarm in tft menu.
My preferred Alternative to tracker subscription is gap insurance.

Hi,
The BMW alarm is an extra you have to pay for so not included on a standard spec bike

4 years down the line I am still declaring a 16k loss and hence pumping up my car premiums.

Probably affecting your bike premiums too - my car policy increased when I told them about my bike theft.

I initially thought it wasn't declarable for the car.

I’ve just bought a 2021 model with a tracker fitting and yesterday I was in my garage i disconnected the battery lead to fit a power point for my tyre pump and within 10 minutes my phone rang from the tracker company checking everything was ok I was very impressed ��

I’ve just bought a 2021 model with a tracker fitting and yesterday I was in my garage i disconnected the battery lead to fit a power point for my tyre pump and within 10 minutes my phone rang from the tracker company checking everything was ok I was very impressed ��

Had exactly the same scenario last Tuesday after picking my new one up. I didn't know I could go on the app and switch different settings off that would have saved them an alert

Back
Top Bottom