1150 migsel lightbar, spot and, fog lights, lighting loom, relay and auto switch

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I have an 1150adv project bike i bought in with lots of extras on it.

I'm umming and ahing whether it's worth my while removing all the lighting bits and sell them as a full kit, or leave them on the bike to make it more attractive to buyers when it comes to selling it.

I haven't a clue what they're worth all together.
For those not familiar an autoswitch allows you to operate the spot/fog lights by giving a quick press of the indicator cancel switch, a small diode light mounted on the instrument panel lets you know when they're on/off.

Any idea of value of the complete set ?

Attachments

• 0F51262B-4A9E-4329-87F3-7220F162635B.jpg
    0F51262B-4A9E-4329-87F3-7220F162635B.jpg
    243.1 KB · Views: 287
  • 22DC8CC2-0069-49A7-8880-35FB464338EA.jpg
    22DC8CC2-0069-49A7-8880-35FB464338EA.jpg
    221.4 KB · Views: 278
  • 73787C3B-E760-4281-9640-603BFB187087.jpg
    73787C3B-E760-4281-9640-603BFB187087.jpg
    234.4 KB · Views: 276
  • 4C821E1E-4DBA-4A00-8E40-B457C80FE27C.jpg
    4C821E1E-4DBA-4A00-8E40-B457C80FE27C.jpg
    233.8 KB · Views: 280
For what it’s worth……..:D

The Miguel light bar is stainless steel, so second hand maybe about £60
The spot lights look like Hella F100 which are about £200 new if you can get them.
The reflectors deteriorate over time as the chrome peels off so a lot depends on their condition, but if good, then maybe second hand about £60.
The fog lights, price would depend on make and condition.

I should hasten to add, I’m not making an offer, I don’t want them, I’ve got enough crap fitted to my bike…..:D

I'm umming and ahing whether it's worth my while removing all the lighting bits and sell them as a full kit, or leave them on the bike to make it more attractive to buyers when it comes to selling it.

For those not familiar an autoswitch allows you to operate the spot/fog lights by giving a quick press of the indicator cancel switch, a small diode light mounted on the instrument panel lets you know when they're on/off.

Definitely leave them on the bike!!

Spots look like Hella FF50s like my old ones. Fogs look like Hella Micro DEs. I think Migsel light bars (or the Rugged Roads equivalent) are about 70 quid or so, and although you can still get them, the lights are both discontinued. Probably not worth much -LEDs seem to be the go these days- I'd leave them on the bike.

BTW, if anyone knows how to do it, I have two Hella FF50s converted by Les Wassell to HID that could be swapped for the standard bulbs. Lenses are wrecked, but the burners are fine.

This is exactly the setup I am looking for to add to my bike!

However, as much as it pains me to say this… you should definitely keep it on the bike… auxiliary lights are sought after and gives the bike a bit of pinache, as well as being genuinely useful at night.

I would strongly suggest keep it on the bike rather than the £100 or so you’ll get second hand. The bike increased value will help you more I think

And this is coming from someone who would want to he kit, but this Forum is more about us all helping each other

Thanks for confirming what I was thinking. The time spent removing everything and tidying up wouldn’t really add up to what it would sell for.

Just a quick hijack, but as we're talking about lights, if anyone has Las Wassell's HID50 Hellas I'm selling my old sandblasted ones on the well known auction site. Might be useful for anyone needing spares or to convert halogens.

I have that set up
TrailBike Rider (Alan) use to make the kit up and fit them
Work really well

I have that set up
TrailBike Rider (Alan) use to make the kit up and fit them
Work really well

I used to fit those kits as well. I thought he bought the kits in, same as i did, from Rob Farmer.

Fitting a couple of relays at various points you could have all sorts of combinations flipping between spots and fogs with just one press of the indicator cancel switch and dependent on if you had main lights or dipped beam on, as well as no lights on at all.

Do you have a price idea to remove and refit to my 1150 GSA if that helps?

Back
Top Bottom