1290 Super Adventure S rear seat plate

Paul G (BHT)

Creator
Mod Squad
Solutions
Reaction score
Is there such a part that replaces the rear seat on the 1290 Super Adventure S.

I never carry a passenger so I'm looking to remove the seat and replace it with some kind of extended rack but cannot find anything out there.

Which year? I have one that worked on my SA-T and would fit an S up to 2020 I think, so they are out there.

Buy a used rear seat and remove the cover and foam and you can bolt any plate to it with a bit of imagination.

You’re welcome to try it, if you’re heading past Oxfordshire.
Thanks Nin.

I might be heading down to Premier Bikes for a service soon, I'll give you a shout if I do :thumb2

Thanks Nin.

I might be heading down to Premier Bikes for a service soon, I'll give you a shout if I do :thumb2

Let me know if you do, I would like to see what they look like on the bike.

Can you mount the top box too these tings so it is not stuck so high up / far back, almost be worth buying one to improve the top box weight distribution.

Let me know if you do, I would like to see what they look like on the bike.

Can you mount the top box too these tings so it is not stuck so high up / far back, almost be worth buying one to improve the top box weight distribution.
Will do :thumb2

I personally wouldn't fit anything to it that wasn't then secured to the bike in some other way. The seat locking mechanism would never have been designed to secure the forces created by using it in such a way.

Will do :thumb2

I personally wouldn't fit anything to it that wasn't then secured to the bike in some other way. The seat locking mechanism would never have been designed to secure the forces created by using it in such a way.

Yes, that is a bit worrying, but it may be a better platform for strapping a roll bag to, doing more solo trips now we have a kid so a lot less to carry and thinking a roll bag rather than panniers which are a bit of overkill for a 3-5 day solo trip....

...Although I do like the security of panniers and the thought if carrying a filthy wet rollbag into a hotel reminds me of touring as an impoverished yoof (although it was a cheap B&B carpet / bedspread that took th hit back then)

Back
Top Bottom