This route is refusing to load into my XT

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wapping

Reaction score
For a trip to Vianden, next week, I have successfully created in MyRoute - in ‘Here’ - several routes, all of which (except one) have transferred successfully to my Garmin XT, all in version 1.2

This one route absolutely refuses to load. Sometimes the import gets to 95% and then stops. Sometimes it just sits at 0%.

https://www.myrouteapp.com/en/social/route/6762537?mode=share

Similarly, trying to convert the track of the route into a route (something the XT usually does very well) also fails.

I have looked at the route in RouteLab but cannot see anything wrong with it. Am I missing something obvious?

Thank you.

Richard

PS The same route loads absolutely perfectly into Pocket Earth Pro and into Google’s My Maps.

1666795941402-5b584c93-cb0b-4fda-9b78-b37582f64bc4.png

1666795981518-63d89983-b67e-4d69-9b64-fe2e7259c399.png

The distance looks roughly correct at about 288 miles, which suggests that there is no innocent turning around error in it, for example placing a shaping point on the wrong carriageway.

I really do not understand why the XT is not loading the route and refusing to allow a conversion from the track to a route.

I assume the simple stuff is okay like keeping the XT firmware and mapping up to date?

If it won't import I assume it is either corrupted data or it is in a data packet size the XT cannot process (assuming its the correct file format that works with other files ) ?

As an attempt at a workaround, can you split that route into two smaller routes and then see if they both import ?

Load it 1.1 bet it works (maybe) similar happened very recently to me in Spain

Sent from my SM-A226B using Tapatalk

All the mapping and software is up to date.

All the other routes, eight I think in all, including a complicated one, all loaded correctly in version 1.2. I will though try in 1.1 too.

The route has no glitches that I can see.

Here’s a link to tge GPX file, hosted on Google Drive:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1azkTpV55wDYV2SbHGXuzAKnZpgXlDdHJ/view?usp=drivesdk

The route loads perfectly into the BMW Connected and Garmin Drive app’s.

Saved your route from your first post to my downloads on my mac. Then imported into MRA. Then opened on my iPhone and saved as 1.2 into the drive app and it went to my xt no problem. Loaded straight away.

one assumes there is enough storage space on the XT for this route...

Saved your route from your first post to my downloads on my mac. Then imported into MRA. Then opened on my iPhone and saved as 1.2 into the drive app and it went to my xt no problem. Loaded straight away.

As did the other eight of mine, as it also did into other applications.

It is very odd.

As did the other eight of mine, as it also did into other applications.

It is very odd.

Richard, perhaps it may be worth a call to Garmin tomorrow during business hours to seek technical advice?

I'm wondering if your XT unit internal memory may be defective/corrupt if a different XT unit can import the file you are having issues with.

Haven’t had time to test the route on my XT still, but just a thought: last time I had a similar issue, it turned out there was an interruption of the road on the mapping (data error) and ten software couldn’t calculate correctly.

I sm just back from a night out.

The one route has now loaded perfectly in my XT. This doesn’t surprise me, as the same route was loading and displaying perfectly in all sorts of other applications, with no problems at all.

I have no idea what went wrong repeatedly this morning but, whatever it was, the XT is now performing normally. The only thing I can think of is that there was a temporary imperfect Bluetooth connection between my phone (holding the original route) and my XT.

Thank you everyone for your support.

Richard

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom