Insurance Question

DazGS

Reaction score
Insurance question - probably already been asked, it's that time of year again. I am currently with Bikesure who have been great and competitive. This year I did a comparison and Bennetts came up around £90 cheaper....hmmm

What are peoples thoughts of Bennetts and what are companies that others use.

Thanks

Bikesure and Bennetts are brokers. I would be asking more questions about the actual underwriters and comparing things like the policy excess, number of days in Europe at full cover and any bells and whistles bundled into the package.

Bikesure and Bennetts are brokers. I would be asking more questions about the actual underwriters and comparing things like the policy excess, number of days in Europe at full cover and any bells and whistles bundled into the package.

Thanks for reply - the excess, days in Europe are the same and I have also aded legal protection along with leather and helmet cover.

Thanks for reply - the excess, days in Europe are the same and I have also aded legal protection along with leather and helmet cover.

if you are happy with the Bennett's underwriter then go with them ...

Personally, not a fan of Bennett’s.
Had a no fault accident, video of incident, B wanted to put it in the hands of an accident management company (think it was 4th dimension). I told them I wasn’t internet in having another company involved, other side admitted liability etc
The advice from the people to whom I paid for insurance then said I’d best speak to the ins company and basically washed their hands of it. I only rang them to advise I had been in an accident which I understood was necessary.
Basically, as they weren’t likely to make any money from it, they didn’t want to do anything.

Pays your money, take your choice, used to stick with CN but they have had some dire reviews recentl years

Personally, not a fan of Bennett’s.
Had a no fault accident, video of incident, B wanted to put it in the hands of an accident management company (think it was 4th dimension). I told them I wasn’t internet in having another company involved, other side admitted liability etc
The advice from the people to whom I paid for insurance then said I’d best speak to the ins company and basically washed their hands of it. I only rang them to advise I had been in an accident which I understood was necessary.
Basically, as they weren’t likely to make any money from it, they didn’t want to do anything.

Pays your money, take your choice, used to stick with CN but they have had some dire reviews recentl years

if a third party admits liability then always deal direct with their insurer, the underwriter, not the broker i.e. the company paying the final bill as your admin will be significantly lower and there will be fewer opportunities for delay

if a third party admits liability then always deal direct with their insurer, the underwriter, not the broker i.e. the company paying the final bill as your admin will be significantly lower and there will be fewer opportunities for delay
I think you’re absolutely right

Yes insurance time is a pain , long gone are the days when you didn't feel like you were being shafted at renewal time.
To be fair there's not alot between the lot of then , I used to be with carolenash for over ten years but after last years quote renewal and having to get the financial ombudsman involved to get money back CN owed me I went with bikesure quite a bit cheaper & leathers / helmet cover included.
Ian.

Go back to Bikesure and tell them you have cheaper quotes. IAM Surety put my renewal up by £100 this year. Did the comparison sites dance, when Cornmarket came back, they promptly dropped my renewal to £10 cheaper than last year. There was some guff that they have to pass on the renewal from the underwriter before they negotiate with you

You’re never going to know how good any of them are until you need them. I’ve been with Bemoto for a few years now and they seem pretty good. Bit slow last year to issue a renewal notice but apparently the whole bike insurance market was busy sweeping up the MCE mess.
I’d give them a call.
I was with CN for years then out of the blue the premium sky rocketed.

Before selling my bike I was with Bennett’s and needed a new quote for a price including full no claims discount and zero discount. That was an eye opener but what was great was the young person I spoke to who had made it a really pleasant interaction. In other words, he knew his stuff, was able to string a sentence together and was actually interested in the outcome. :thumby:

They are all as bad as each other. Use the comparison websites as in my experience that's where the best prices are and check the small print. I tried last year to put SFVSS & GS on a multibike and was told their combined value was too high! Ridiculous and a good job I didn't think to include my other 7 bikes!!

To an extent it depends upon your own level of risk as to how important it is. I have fully comp + NCB protection for £67 via Devitts. But I don’t have the latest expensive bike to worry about (2008 1200GSA) have two cars to drive and it’s purely a fun hobby for me now. So I stripped out of the insurance what I don’t actually need a few years ago hence the low cost.

Like someone has already mentioned, Bennetts, Bikesure etc are brokers, not underwriters. In a claim it's the underwriters claim handlers you are dealing with. Different brokers sometimes have varying products from the same underwriters with slightly different terms. So just buy a policy the ticks all your boxes and ensure the underwriter is reputable. I really have no Broker loyalty, although IAM Surety (Cornmarket) have been pretty good with contact and service for the last 4 years.

Reading a post on here. I contacted Bennets to ask if they'd cover me in Montenegro, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina, No he said, And No Green card. Other insurance companies do !

Reading a post on here. I contacted Bennets to ask if they'd cover me in Montenegro, Albania and Bosnia and Herzegovina, No he said, And No Green card. Other insurance companies do !

They are a brokers not an insurance company. So it's the underwriters who are providing Bennett's with the policies to sell or what Bennetts have requested from their underwriters. Bennetts don't cover you for anything they sell others products

Bemoaning Bemoto...

Got the renewal offer from Bemoto in ample time (about 14 days) ahead of renewal.

Had a few issues to get correct bike details when I took out policy with Bemoto last year but eventually all sorted.

Before the renewal offer came in I ran a few comparisons, mentioned in other thread.

Bemoto Titanium was there and was about 2.5x least expensive quote.
I didn't mind this as:-
a/ least expensive is never best
b/ Titanium gives pretty comprehensive cover inc EU breakdown, pers acc., Helmet cover etc

What is annoying, esp since I understood the regs changed so that loyalty was not penalised etc is the following

Last year £195 ish
Renewal £285 ish (Actually makes CN seem attractive!)
Bike Insurer website £212 ish
All Bemoto Titanium,same cover, same bike year older, same riding history etc

Shame Dean from Bemoto left them, do they have any other presence on here?

Back
Top Bottom