Five Stage Heated Grips On 2019 GSA

I bit the bullet and bought a GS-911 (got 10% off)

Recoded the grips to 6 and then promptly got annoyed at having to click through them so I am now at 4. set at 60/70/80/90 (apparently they shouldn't be run at 100 for too long)

I do not have a heated seat in case anyone is wondering if they can have it done on their 1250 without one.

I’m waiting for my used bike warranty to expire before I make any changes to mine.

Still learning but the process takes no longer than 10 minutes .
12.5 volts needed or refuses to communicate: solution run the engine during comms.
I’ve learned today that once Sports screen selected , the user cannot go back . The GS911 can go back though.
The Sports screen has its own selectable two versions.
Every day is a school day

I bit the bullet and bought a GS-911 (got 10% off)

Recoded the grips to 6 and then promptly got annoyed at having to click through them so I am now at 4. set at 60/70/80/90 (apparently they shouldn't be run at 100 for too long)

I do not have a heated seat in case anyone is wondering if they can have it done on their 1250 without one.
Hey Bigcats

Did you happen to notice what the original two grip settings were? I have it in my head as 60 and 100%.

I'm guessing it's not possible to do anything about the woefully inadequate heated grips on early 1200 LC...?

Yes that is correct which is why I left one at 60 and went from there
Perfect, cheers. I have mine set to 40, 60, 80 & 100, which appears to be a good spread for me. I also found six settings to many to faff with.

I'm guessing it's not possible to do anything about the woefully inadequate heated grips on early 1200 LC...?
You would need to check the current settings with a GS 911, to see if they are already coded to 100% and what options are available. Or it could be a hardware issue, where the grips themselves don’t have the same heating capacity as the newer ones.

I’ve checked on my 2014 and GS911 has no coding for heated grips on these older models ; so only available for those with LCD screens afaik
I remember others saying that they changed their grips for newer ones , which were hotter.
Strangely , my grips are now hotter after a replacement ECU last year.

Back
Top Bottom