NORWAY

bardicastle

Reaction score
hi all

i'm looking to do a 10 day trip to Norway ( 6 persons London based ) and need your help, as i have never been to this country i was hoping to pick some ones brains on good routes (mountain/A roads), hotels, eatery's and cheapest way to get there.

All info gratefully received :thumb

possible starting point harwich -Esbjerg

Stick to the fjords if you've only ten days.

Do not speed. The police will get all Taliban on yo ass for the slightest offence and the fines are stellar.

East of Stavanger is Lysefjord: take the ferry to the end and ride back on the 45.

Go as far north as The Trollstigen Road and take the small detour to

Stryn's a good base and don't forget to check out the glaciers.

Noway's great.

Go as far north as The Trollstigen Road and take the small detour to

.........detour to Dalsnibba.

Here's the road out of Lysefjord.

2729568_7WePj-M.jpg

cheers boxer
i checked the roads with google maps looks awesome, hopefully I can organise the other 5 guys for the trip mid 2013. All the checks i've done so far looks like an expensive little rideout :D

much appreciate the advice :thumb

Norway

Norway (Scandianavia) is a great place to travel on a bike.

I have been going to Scandianavia since the Eighties.

First trip was Finland on a Norton 850.

I have done the North Cape trip on a Guzzi Cali T3 all the back roads.

6+ meter of snow at the side of the road, skiers in other places! BUT mostly really warm!

Weather changes quite quickly.

Norway can cost a small fortune, but there are ways to save a bit, wild camping, small camping cabins are great.

Other bikers are great.

Your main problem is if its 10 days total you are going to loose 4 just on the ferries there and back.

Harwich - Esbjerg 18hrs still need more ferries
Harwich - Hook of Holland overnight (good rest) but longer way
Ferries do not go to Sweden any more (last time I checked)
There is a ferry that goes to Norway I am told, but when ever I look its just shut down.

As was said dont speed, they will have you and dont drink as they wont let you go!

High mileage is easy as the roads outside of towns as trafic is light.

Enjoy the planning and the trip, my Swedish mate and I are hoping to repeat the North Cape trip soon.

Been to the Nordkapp twice......!

Once on the 1150GSA on 1st june 2003, once in the Defender on 25th may 2007.

Maybe it's time to go back up there on the GSA30 but it's one helluva long road especially if you go all the way over to Kirkenes and back and there's no 'direct' ferry from the UK(Newcastle)

Fjords are lovely and crossing the Arctic Circle is a great sense of achievement, infact it's all good!

Norway doesn't have to be expensive either if you stay off the booze and go to the supermarket and camp/stay in hytter huts and don't speed.......!

FP.:thumb

ps.... What route did you take from U.K?

Hi buddy.Me and the wife went to the Norwegian fiords last year in our car. Got up as far as Bergen. We went Dover-Dunkirk then drove up to the top of Denmark and got the 3.5hr ferry to Kristiansand. Had a great time, did 3750 miles in 14 days. I decided then, that I was going to return on a bike. I'm looking at going in June, 2013.

I wanted to do the Nord Cape. Is it possible in 16 days (ferry to Esbjerg and back), with the route up being on the faster Swedish roads ?

Back
Top Bottom