Return of the Pink Lady

Camilles return

I'm also hoping to have camille back together for this years weekend.:augie
Frame came back today along with rebuilt forks:clap so all off for powder coating in the morning

Thought I should post up some pics of the project.

Here's the bike on the ramp:
P3040802.jpg

P3040804.jpg

The new painted bits on the pool table:
P3040805.jpg

P3040806.jpg

P3040808.jpg

The pictures don't do justice to the quality of the paintwork. You'll all be able to see the completed bike at The Weekend.:)

FFS !!!
It's a LOT brighter than that in real life:cool::D
Ask anyone who was at Sycos..:augie

Superb paintjob tho :thumb2:thumb2

Oi, That pool tables my bed:D

Agree with Proff the finish is stunning, what looks like a scratch on the pic is just reflection.

Sid, the bike looks good. What did you do to the engine/gearbox to get them so clean. Been trying allsorts ot clean mine, still look rubbish. The soda blasting didnt work too well except on the carbs where it was great.

Photos will never do it justice

I'm not a fan of pink but in the flesh this is a stunning colour. I can see now why all the best custom cars and bikes are painted in house of kolor paint. I'm swapping over from autoair to hok that's get sure.
Maybe tarka should paint his ural like this what with his aversion to sam brown belts and hi viz jackets:D no body will miss this one coming down the road:augie

Please do tell

What u used to clean your engine. I want to get camille's engine looking like that.

What u used to clean your engine. I want to get camille's engine looking like that.

If the engines out on a bench I'd try to do something with your spraying airline and make up some kind of handheld sand blaster. I saw one made and used for just this on a forum somewhere and it worked really well.

Done that

I soda blasted the engine and degreased it but its still needing something to dig in deeper. I tried some wheel cleaner but that didn't work either. What does the guy I Derbyshire use cos the bikes he sells all look like they have new engines.

The only way to get your engine looking like new, is to take it to bits and get it properly vaqua blasted.When you do it assembled, the bits get into the engine and will f*ck it eventually.There is no shortcut I'm afraid.

Update

Thought I should ressurect this thread as work is ongoing.:)

Big thank you to Rob Farmer and others for all their work last weekend. I should have been better organised and sorted out the work better but we did make some good progress. Apologies if I didn't appear grateful for all the work that was done on our behalf on this bike. The last few weeks have been stressful but that doesn't fully excuse me being a miserable git despite owning an airhead.:)

Today I finally sorted out my workshop and have now got all my tools back in the right places with everything fully accounted for.:)

I've been very slowly working through the coloured wiring diagram in the Haynes manual and making lots of notes of which bits might go where and which bits are missing. I might have to put the R100RS alongside to do an easy comparison.

I also stripped down both carbs today. One extremely generous tosser who attended the Wee-kend has very kindly sent us a set of carb rebuild kits direct. I don't want to embarrass him here but both me and Ann are very appreciative of this thoughtful gesture.:) I will have both carbs boiled several times in my ultrasonic cleaner before rebuilding them to as new condition.

Been a mixed week for us. On Monday our near neighbour and friend who was only 62 died from cancer. The week could only get better after that. Today, my nearest neighbour gave me £10,000 for selling him a couple of acres of boggy woodland which was surplus to requirements.:)

That should give me just enough funds to visit James Sherlock on Monday and get everything I need to complete the bike.:)

Nice one Sid :thumb2

With £10,000 you could just about afford/hire Rob Farmer for a weekend :D

... and a photo of the pink lady wouldn't go amiss :rob

Her or the bike?

Took some photos today of the work done. Stripped down both the carbs and boiled them several times in my Ultrasonic cleaner. Changed the solution four times as more muck kept coming out so it must be doing something.:)

Fitted all the seals and gaskets.
Collected front wheel from Sherlocks with new wheel bearings and new front tyre (she'll be wanting a matching rear one next).

Bugger to fit the black plastic hose pipe that goes from engine breather into airbox. Leads from front of starter motor were in the way so had to move them a bit to get it fitted but got there in the end. Airbox and engine top back in place with all new stainless bolts where required.
Ordered new LHS RT switchgear so should have in a couple of days.

Big thanks again to Rob Farmer for sorting out the new wiring loom last weekend. I think I should be able to manage from now on.

P6270967.jpg

P6270971.jpg

The infamous under tank master cylinder now all working:)
P6270970.jpg

And complete with the often missing rubber cover.
P6270972.jpg

Stripping the carbs
P6270973.jpg

Fitting the new carb gaskets.
P6270974.jpg

P6270975.jpg

P6270976.jpg

P6270978.jpg

P6270979.jpg

And finally back on the bike
P6270983.jpg

Back