Tell Me Why I Shouldn't Buy An H2

Do you have anywhere that you can actually use a fraction of its performance...? :nenau

I fail to see the relevance of high performance machines like this anymore. The state of the roads with messed up road surfaces, average speed cameras, ridiculously high fines, long bans and possibility of a prison sentence if using all its performance. If living near the Nurburgring it might be worth considering. Besides that the thing looks like a right dogs dinner. Just my humble opinion of course.

I knew a guy who bought a 916 Senna (new) and stuck it straight onto the wall of his flashy hallway. ‘‘Twas a big house mind. One of the only times I was horrified and impressed all at once. The only other time I felt that way was a strip club in Prague in the 90s.
Do what makes you happy dude.

Sadly, having had a couple of fairly fast bikes, I'm with FatAl on this. I really couldn't see the point in having to bimble along at 60 or 70 on an absolute missile...knowing that a slight twist of the throttle would see me doing 120+....and all that that may entail. (And it isn't a real looker...just a proper weapon)

I fail to see the relevance of high performance machines like this anymore. The state of the roads with messed up road surfaces, average speed cameras, ridiculously high fines, long bans and possibility of a prison sentence if using all its performance. If living near the Nurburgring it might be worth considering. Besides that the thing looks like a right dogs dinner. Just my humble opinion of course.
Pretty they ain't, but I do like stuff that's different/special/relatively rare. I'd probably only ride it on high days and holidays and I expect (over the long term) it will rise in value, which is a bonus.
Lamb Chop's vids make interesting viewing.

The proper one - not the ZH2 or the H2SX
Surely if you want to know why you should not buy one, you should find a Kasawaki forum where other owners will tell you what, if anything, went wrong with their bikes. Then you can weigh up the should's and shouldn'ts propoerly.

I know you've ruled out the H2SX, but its the only one I have experience with...! I took one out for an extended ride, it was insanely quick, but I got completely and utterly bored on it, despite riding it hard on a selection of different roads. Fast speeds may exhilarate briefly, but without the bike having character, it doesn't induce a grin. I'd rather have a slower bike that made me smile than a fast bike that didn't...

I sold my H2 SX SE to a land speed record holder who owned a road legal H2R and he said the SX was so much better to ride than the H2R

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

Have you seen the prices they are fetching….£20-30k…….

I sold my H2 SX SE to a land speed record holder who owned a road legal H2R and he said the SX was so much better to ride than the H2R

Sent from my Nokia 3310 using Thetwatcantalk

I know you've ruled out the H2SX, but its the only one I have experience with...! I took one out for an extended ride, it was insanely quick, but I got completely and utterly bored on it, despite riding it hard on a selection of different roads. Fast speeds may exhilarate briefly, but without the bike having character, it doesn't induce a grin. I'd rather have a slower bike that made me smile than a fast bike that didn't...
I'm attracted to stuff that's a bit left field - the SX isn't.

my mate has one full fat all the buttons and dials... but he's 6'12" of badly wrapped crazy....

get one... do it... life fast, die young, leave a good looking corpse....

Personally, if I was going to spend all that money, I'd rather buy something a little prettier that would ride better on UK roads, and that could be ridden and enjoyed on a regular basis. That said, you know your own mind and nothing anyone says on a forum will change your decision which I'm guessing you've already made. The only person I know with one has it almost permanently sat in the garage doing nothing because he's terrified at the cost of scratching a single panel on it and of losing his license and liberty. There are better ways to invest. That said, it's your choice and as long as you are happy with that choice I'm sort of surprised you'd bother asking anyone else? Happiness, IME doesn't come from things but from people.

Back
Top Bottom