think I'm going backwards......

colin.carter

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
My very first bike back in 1976 was a brand new MZ 150 - cost me about £220 I recall (ticked on over 3 years!).
Some 30 odd years and well over 100 bikes later I have just added this little beaut to the garage.
Strange really cos I wouldn't have been seen on it even way back then??

Ring ding a ding....

Attachments

• IMG_0352_edited.jpg
    IMG_0352_edited.jpg
    108.7 KB · Views: 179
like it !! MZ's rock!! just sold this one still got me 301 :thumb:thumb you cant beat an mz as a solid work horse:aidan

Attachments

• IMG_0611.jpg
    IMG_0611.jpg
    139.3 KB · Views: 150
I had two ES 250s in the 70s. One cost £100 and the next £10.They were smooth and torquey and I seem to recall handled well.... I had chamfers on the sides of my hushpuppies! I think I still have the rather strange ignition key.

I bought a new Supa 5 in 1980 to replace a MkIII Norton Commando. It's still resting in the garage after the gearchange return spring broke and I never got round to splitting the cases to repair it. I did some of the period mods to it, including having a Honda CB250 K4 TLS front brake laced into the MZ alloy rim and replacing the OE tin switchgear with Kawasaki stuff. It's now been resting since 1988. Perhaps one day I'll get round to restoring it......:augie

The plague, ricketts, having to travel by carthorse, scurvy, the cold war, highwaymen and MZ motorcycles......all rather unpleasant things that should best be consigned to history and certainly not venerated.:blast

:hide

My very first bike back in 1976 was a brand new MZ 150 - cost me about £220 I recall (ticked on over 3 years!).
Some 30 odd years and well over 100 bikes later I have just added this little beaut to the garage.
Strange really cos I wouldn't have been seen on it even way back then??

Ring ding a ding....

That whole front end has something GS about it :rob

Back
Top Bottom